• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Major bug) ISDF base build in AIP can fail

Started by wug, May 03, 2004, 09:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

Yes but Scion bases are always smaller than ISDF bases, thanks mainly to Power.

Spawn

scion bases can take up an expance, but they generally end after so long
but the dower in the field+spirewalk can take up a bit of space...

The real reason for an ISDF base being larger than a Scion base is the abundance of Power Generators vs the Lung system.  The ISDF Power Generator is one of the biggest hogs in the game.  Fill a base up with them and watch your comp drop to single digit framerates...

From a gameplay POV this creates a map specific limiting factor to ISDF expansion.  On a cramped map you run out of room for PS's, so you can't have as many remote Gun Towers.  It may even come down to choosing between base defenses and remote defenses... this is a GOOD strategy element.

So, you see, many MP players would look upon changing the 1x2 buildings as either gaining or losing a couple of PS's, depending on the maps played.  That's why I say if the 1x2 buildings are changed the more cramped maps should be changed also, to keep the total build areas the same.  

I think Bridges and HiLo are the two biggest issues...  changing the buildings is easy.

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well strat is very delicate, MPI isn't. Therefore make the MPI buildings different, perhaps combine the Tech centre and Training Fac into one 2x2 building that just looks like two seperapte constucted buildings...most people probably won't notice, and you won't have to screw up Human strats or change any maps.

Strat isn't delicate, Strat players are.   :D

That wouldn't be a problem, other than maybe confusing the couple of newbies that show up from time to time.  It'd be very easy to have the AI use square buildings...

-Av-

Spawn

but can you make it so it dies seperately? without lungs though (isdf dont do lungs well...)

:?

They would still be separate buildings, only square...  the only question is 1x1 or 2x2?

-Av-

APCs r evil

I personally think giving the ISDF two more 2x2 buildings would be a very bad idea... Mostly because of base room.

Marksman

The two buildings don't BOTH have to be the same size. Make one bigger and the other smaller.  

Can you make a three block L shape? AI Build would require a free four square, but after it's done, one square would be still available for the other building? It would guarentee both can fit in the same amount of space, but the build order would be specific (L shape first). Probably too much baseplate strangeness for that.

I'd prefer both smaller though. ISDF bases tend to ramble on too much as it is.

Spawn

have training and tech be one 2*2 building, but make it so they are killed seperately somehow

Quote from: Spawnhave training and tech be one 2*2 building, but make it so they are killed seperately somehow

Uh huh, sure, right after I finish world peace...

:lol:

Gotta love that word "somehow"...

-Av-

Spawn

That would give you both buildings when you built one... the AI cheats enough as it is...  :)

-Av-

Angelwing

...and would also mean that if you destroyed one, it could only be replaced by the 'add lung' command, and that if you destroyed the other, both would die.
could make the lung a spawnpoint i guess, but that'd be messy