• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium bug) The Armory and how the AI interact with it.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, June 29, 2004, 03:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If an AI walker attacks an Armoury in 1.3 you will see what i mean. Its 'centre' and the actual model are not overlaping, so now the AI shot *through* the big gap in the middle, and missiles fly thought it as well. I am sure someone can fix that with relative ease.

Angstromicus

Probably the only way is to do that w/o changing the armory's appearance is to make an invisible mesh travel underground from the armory, far enough to make the center of the armory at the necessary part.

Zero Angel

Nah TOO, all they have to do is move the HP_COM (where units aim at) inside of the building. They did that with the service bay in 1.3.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

Zero, I did that with many of the buildings in 1.3, including the Service Bay, Dower, Tech Center, Training Facility, Bomber Bay, and Relay Bunker.  GreenHeart took my updated Service Bay and fixed a few mesh errors that were in the stock model.  I could easily move the hp_com point for the Armory too.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Might be an idea to go over all buildings and do the 'mauler test' followed by a ' Hornet rocket tank ' test. That should ensure that all buildings are doing fine.

Commando

I corrected the buildings that I saw were problematic earlier during 1.3 testing, which were the Training Facility, Tech Center, Factory, Service Bay, Bomber Bay, Relay Bunker, and Dower.  I didn't catch the Armory in time because I never saw the ai having problems with it.  Now that it was brought to my attention, I could easily modify it to move the hp_com point so the I won't have problems with it.  I don't think any other building has any problems, but I'm probably wrong.  If you find any, tell me and I'll fix it.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Excellent, this is the kind of testing/fixing/modding I enjoy the most. I shall get right on with the testing of any building I can find.

Commando

I thought 1.3 testing was pretty fun.  GreenHeart and I contributed in any ways we could.  I modified the preexisting xsis mentioned above, and GreenHeart fixed some errors that I couldn't.  I modified the extra options for every game type, most of my work was spent on the MPI shell page since that is my favorite multiplayer mode, but I did some work on the others too.  I did even more work that hasn't been released yet, and they won't be released until 1.3 is finished.  GreenHeart helped with testing and he contributed most of the maps.  When he first joined, he modified all preexisting maps so the ai could build spires on all of the places the ai attempts to build them.  GreenHeart was more helpful in providing assets which is why he was titled "lead asset manager."

Angstromicus

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well I do hope you two come along for....wait for it......*que: drum roll : duim dumdumdumdudmumdmud "FE REV.D!"

Commando

I'll help with whatever I can, if help is needed.  The main area I can help with is shell editing.  It isn't too dificult, but I'm sure it will allow more experienced modders to work on more difficult objects since the easier aspects are being taken care of.  I'll need basic information on what commands FE Rev. D will use for multiplayer.  That way I can start on the extra options for Rev. D.  I'll need to know the commands and the equivilent ivar or svar commands.  If they are the same as the default bz2 ivars and svars, those won't be hard to find, but I'm sure the FE dll will also use some proprietary features too.