• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Bug) Gun Spires and ships coming at them

Started by APCs r evil, June 30, 2004, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

When a ship comes toward a Gun Spire, the Spire can't hit it very well, the bolt misses by about 1m if the ship is coming right at the Spire. The same thing happens when a ship dances around the base of the Spire. Was that intentional?

Zero Angel

All units do this, it decided by their 'omegaFactor' setting that defines how wide the allowed firing arc to lead is. A smaller omegaFactor setting should do the trick.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Thats one change for FE rev.d. Scions do not my primative messy technolgoy. They hit bullseye from vast distances!

We are the scions, fear us. *evil laughter*

APCs r evil

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyWe are the scions, fear us. *evil laughter*

VIVE LA SCION! :nuke:  :devil:  :nuke:

Zero Angel

Now that I *really* think about it, its probably best that this 'bug' remain in 1.3, the single shot miss is a good warning to get out of there fast if you round a corner and see an arc bolt. Too many people would be annoyed if they died without any chance to escape.

Sometimes I talk too damn much. (grr)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

APCs r evil

No no no, not the shot that I refer to as, "THAT WAS THE WARNING SHOT YOU MORON GET OUT OF THERE!" I'm talking about after the Spire is supposed to be pinpoint accurate, if you move toward the Spire the bolt will just burn your ass, the same thing happens if you move around the base of the Spire.(Although it may not be your ass getting burnt.)

Tempest Storm

I don't see a real problem with that, if you want to make your GS's harder to destroy than keep things like turrets or other combat units nearby or even another GS.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

They are scion. Their Gunspire is ment to be *godlike* vs scouts. I dont think one should be able to 'dodge' an insta-shot weapon. Esp one made by the scions. also it would BARELY change the stratergy, Spires as they are do not get attacked by scouts very often *at all*.

Super accurate spires should be a racial traight.

Hmmm, this may be caused by the fact that the GS shot isn't actually ONE shot, but a salvo of them.  Hop in a GS and spray the shot by firing while moving the crosshairs quickly to see what I mean.  It's likely you're being hit by only one or two of the beams as the GS tracks you.

-Av-