• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bomber, and other Issues

Started by Michael, August 30, 2004, 08:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

After being on the other end of the bomber I have some suggestions. The bomber is almost impossible to shoot down because :

Flys too high
Flys too fast
Seems to ZOOM down a hill so it actually speeds up
Bomb explodes on Spires before it hits the ground, so you cannot shoot it down.

Scions have no defense against the bomber anymore, even less than in 1.2. Poppers do not have enough strength to shoot them down. Arc has NO power left in it, even against tanks.
Gauss has no power as well.

Also the stock tank is much stronger and carries more firepower than the stock warrior. The AT stabbers are do much more damage than the plasma.

If anyone is working on 1.3 please take these seriously and test them. They are very large problems when playin scions.

PhoeniX-FlamE

you are soooooooo terriably wrong

Aegeis

no, hes right about the popper archers, they don't attack the bomber unless told to do so cuz I do believe the height of the bomber is to far up for the engage range of poppers to initiate an attack, also when u tell a popper archer to attack the bomber that is well within range the archer undeploys and then deploys again, but by that time the bomber would have done its deed and run off...

APCs r evil

(1) Jammers work now.
(2) Working on that and a load of other weapon fixes. :mrgreen:
(3&4) That's because the Bomber has Heavy armor in 1.3
(5) They always have, weapon switching with the Mortar is never healthy for stock anything. That and Tanks have Light armor while Warriors have None. (Helps take away some of the damage from Ion Gun)

Tank
maxHealth = 3500
armorClass = L

AT Stab
damageValue(N) = 120 // none

Warrior
maxHealth = 3500
armorClass = N

Plasma Cannon
damageValue(L) = 80 // light

The Plasma Cannon has a fire rate of 0.33 which fires around 3 shots per second for a grand total of 240 damage to Light armor per second.

AT Stab has a fire rate of 0.5 which fires two shots per second for a grand total of 240 damage to unarmored targets per second. Therefore if a Tank and Warrior sit in one spot blasting the hoot out of each other they will both die at the same time. If weapon switching is involved however the Warrior will lose because it can't do the same damage as a Tank can with its Mortar.:mrgreen:(Does anyone else think I'm starting to sound like DarkFox?)

P.S. Why would you make a stock Tank or Warrior? Unless maybe you want to use the Mortar to take out turrets.

BZZERKER

Jammer is your best choice to stop the bomber. If I don't have that option (due to map), I put a popper archer on top of GS/buildings. That definitely gets them high enough to lock on.

PhoeniX-FlamE

just shoot the bomb, 1.3 bombs are the easiest thing to hit

besides that:

1. nah, it aint 2 high for human players... maybe for the archers - but it was already suggsted here to put the archer on *something* + you can use an AI scout to tell you when bomber is coming

2. faster - yep - but if ur scions u can catch it with np with your blink
3. wasnt this in 1.2 as well?
4. its sooooo easy to shoot the bomb and its sometimes the same on 1.2 - i tihnk it depends from what angle the spire (or any other building) is and where the bomber coming from...

Michael

I will try the archer on buildings thing. It is a good idea

Most players now in 1.3 make a huge mass of stock tanks and take out everything, they sit in their bunker and just send the tanks around. To my surprise it is very effective. About 5 stock tanks have taken out 1.5 gunspires. Personally I think that is rediculous and needs to be looked at but it works well.

The bomber and bombs now have the momentum thing involved. So when the bomb actually moves farther away when it is falling. Also it DOES explode befoer it hits the ground too high for me to catch it.

I was hoping that the archer thing would be fixed in 1.3, I still hope it is.

Also has anyone else seen the bomber "slide" down a mountain side, there by going faster than anything else around?

This game in particular was on highland. I do dislike that map for its ruggedness, and once you get the bomber ISDF have a ball.

If you don't believe me about anything here, then lets have a test so I can show you.

I think warriors need light armor, after all they are a tank class. They should have at least light, and most likely medium.
If you were fighting a war, would you make a tank with no armor????

Zero Angel

Maybe they haven't perfected armor manufacturing and 'light' armor would weigh the craft down too much for the vert thrusters to handle.

Warriors can equip shields anyways, and stasis shielding basically acts as Light armor. Upping their armor class IN ADDITION to the protection provided by shielding would make them very very hard to kill.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Aegeis

Warriors have been armorless since 1.0 days, why change it now?  Besides, things like this need to be tested thoroughly before implementing.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Michael seems to be quite intelligent...just a lil inexperienced.

Btw, it makes perfect sense for the scions to have no armour on their tanks...they are scion. They have thing that work completly on their own. Sheilds are for defence, not the skin of a vechile.

Michael

Thanks hemp, but I have been playing since the 1.0 days. So I a little more experienced than you might have guessed  :-D

Though I have not really looked at the .odf's much. So I don't know about the actual stats of the ships and weaps.
I am just going on my experiences playing bz2 and what it would be if it were in "real" life.

For the most part the warriors and tanks are the most balanced ships in the whole game. I do agree that major testing would need to be done if things were to change.
But the bomber speed and behavior needs to be looked at. If you need some testers let me know :-D  Though it may not seem like it from my posts, I am a pretty fair and neutral when it comes to testing things.

Just wondering if we could have some games sometime, there are hardly anyone that plays 1.3

Red Devil

Micahel, tried those Scion Rocket Spires yet?
What box???

Aegeis

in strat we don't like using those extra things that 1.3 provides...

Zero Angel

Ya, they're too kiddie mod'ish. Bombers hould be harder to kill.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

APCs r evil

Quote from: MichaelIf you need some testers let me know :-D  Though it may not seem like it from my posts, I am a pretty fair and neutral when it comes to testing things.

Oh really.. there are only two people testing my stuff, Spawn and myself. I subconciously believe that Scions should beat ISDF into a pulp no matter what happens, and Spawn is.. Spawn. I'd be happy to eMail you my stuff but I'd need your address. :mrgreen: