• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Yet another Features thread.

Started by SkyNET, October 30, 2004, 03:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

I think this only happens with certain textures, try using this in an explosion ODF,

[Ring]
simulateBase = "sim_null"
lifeTime = 30
renderBase = "draw_planar"
textureName = "wasplat.tga"
textureBlend = "srcalpha invsrcalpha modulatealpha"
startColor = "255 255 255 127"
finishColor = "255 255 255 0"
startRadius = 30.0
finishRadius = 30.0
animateTime = 30

The main texture appears but I noticed an odd black box all around it.

Bull Dog

I know that.  Stop telling me things I already know you crummy moron.  
Just trolling. 8)

It happens with the Ring.tga texture.   And not others I dunno why.  But I think it has something to do with how close color is away from the edge of the texture.

Also If the Mip maps are below 3 the problem diasppears.

technoid

Tempest Storm

Quote from: APCs r evilI think this only happens with certain textures, try using this in an explosion ODF,

[Ring]
simulateBase = "sim_null"
lifeTime = 30
renderBase = "draw_planar"
textureName = "wasplat.tga"
textureBlend = "srcalpha invsrcalpha modulatealpha"
startColor = "255 255 255 127"
finishColor = "255 255 255 0"
startRadius = 30.0
finishRadius = 30.0
animateTime = 30

The main texture appears but I noticed an odd black box all around it.

Its possible you are just using a texture blend thats incorrect for that texture and/or the alpha channels for that tex. are screwed up.

Try using One One Modulate

APCs r evil

.. Gah, I knew that, see what happens when you stop modding BZ2 for a few days and go play a 3rd person strategy?

Ack!  You're lucky you have any BZ2 compatable brain cells left...

Good thing you got back here in time!   :)

-Av-

SkyNET

Commando

I'll give the texture blend trick.  Only problem is it will give me bad asset when I modify the scion plasma cannon ground explosion, which is affected by the same bug.

APCs r evil

You mean the bug that emits four lines from the ground explosion center? If so, almost everything is effected by that bug, the only ground explosions that I've noticed that don't emit those four lines are the very small explosions, of course they might just be too small to notice. Hell I even made a shield that is effected by that bug.

Commando

That is the bug I'm referring to APCs r evil.  The bug disappears when I either lower the mip map level in gameprefs to 0 or if I set 0 or 1 in the ingame mipmap options without touching gameprefs.

Scout

um you should leave the "more features threads" Up to nathan mates to make, cause thats the only way it would ever dare to see the light of day.

"Weapons that do less damage for distance traveled. See #3 above."

yea ive been wondering that for a while now, i was thinking it could be like some sort of salvo that had like multiple shots in it but each one having a shorter range than the first one.

using some mag cannon code or something... who knows..

prolly only work for laser type weapons rather than projectiles, but one thing id like different is a slight( very slight) arch to projectile weap's

or just have them explode at the end of thier set "life" anything but stuff just vanishing out of thin air =/

SkyNET

Just out of curiousity, is Ken still around? And does anyone know for sure if 1.3 is still being worked on, or if it got canned?

APCs r evil

Quote from: Scoutor just have them explode at the end of thier set "life" anything but stuff just vanishing out of thin air =/

We don't need Nathan or Ken to do that, just write,
xplExpire = "xplnamehere" in the ordnance's ODF next to the other explosion file references.

And I agree on the projectile weapons having a very slight arc in their flight path.

Slaor

Re: 4 lines texture bug, note for FE devs.

That is a problem with the textures that we weren't aware of at the time. BZ2 additive (one one modulate) planars require a 1 pixel black border around the edges of texture in order to correctly clamp it to the terrain - I'm not sure of the technical details, ask Ken.

If there are coloured pixels in that one pixel boundary the texture isn't clamped properly and those pixels are stretched out.

If u guys get around to releasing a FE 1.3 patch, add that one to the list - trim all planar FX textures with a 1 pixel black border.