• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Yet another Features thread.

Started by SkyNET, October 30, 2004, 03:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyNET

1>Changable music. Maybe have the Music.odf control music.

2>Spawners. Something that spawns a unit for a certain side like in FE, without all the hack.

3>Weapon colors. Why not have weapons that use startcolor>middlecolor>finishcolor like the shields do? It could be useful for a weapon that fires, flares up, and fizzles out again.

4>Weapons that do less damage for distance traveled. See #3 above.

5>Charge glows. Have MAG cannon weapons use a charge up glow for each weapon level.

And 1 more question, does anyone else notice that planar animations are broken?

Commando

Good suggestions.  Music in the shell can be changed with a little cfg editing, but your suggestion is good.  What are planar animations?  I haven't noticed any issues, but I don't know what to look for, since I don't know what you mean by planar animations.

SkyNET

SkyNET

I can't get pics, since my bz2 cd is missing.

Instead of a ring, it shows a screwed up square with broken lines coming from it.

I'm thinking bad texture.

Commando

You mean like explosions?  I noticed that too.  They only seem to work well if you set mipmap to 1 in gameprefs.  If you have it set to the default value, set the ingame mip map value to 1 and it will work too.  I personally wish you could set an object's mipmap value through an odf parameter, and that the parameter would overide the player's setting for these effects.  Ground explosions look aweful due to the defaul mip map level and if you adjust it for explosions, everything else looks grainy.

Tempest Storm

The problem may be card specific though, as I had that problem when I was on my GeForce 2 MX but when I switched to the FX 5200 I didn't get it, despite my settings.

Fishbone

same here, card specific.
I even have a pilot cockpit model of a gun that looks great on my GF FX5200 but has missing faces on my GF2 MX (hey TS, do we have the same video cards?)

Tempest Storm

Seems so Fish. :p

What cards are you using Commando, Sky?

BZ FeebleEffort

with all of 1.3s problems, I think adding "Feature Requests" is the last thing it needs.

Commando

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 SE.  I had the same thing with my Geforce 4 TI 4200 when I had it.

SkyNET

Bull Dog

with my Gforce4 Ti4400  The planar effects looked fine.  With my X800se Ati card they where messed up.   Unfortunately my system is suffering from either a bad mobo and/or CPU and/or ram.  So until I get my computer figured out I'm totally screwed

technoid

Sounds (or looks) like a videodriver issue. Either that or low memory or incompatible implementation of DirectX (or OGL).  My first experiences with these "blank" textures were with the 3DLabs Permedia2 chipset long ago (ok... years ago) because of incomplete OpenGL translation. This looks familiar.

Bull Dog

The texture was still there.  It just didn't look right.  I remember having the same problems with the FE performance textures.  Once I remove them and used the stock ones the problem went away. I've forgotten what computer I had that problem with.