• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Whats the latest on the hover bug ?

Started by CaptPicard, December 01, 2004, 05:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptPicard

Just curious......

I haven't (alone with many) visited these forums for a while now and was wondering what the latest was regarding "have you put the physics back to 1.2 style yet ?" or at least made an option for the host ?

If not then it's a shame cos you would have so many 1.3 games up as all the decent players are still in 1.2.

Don't want to get your backs up here people or start a flameing war, I just simple would like an update...

{bac}Opp
www.bz2maps.com

DarkFox

I heard rumours that sometime after I left the beta team, the devs started addressing the physics issues, to keep hovering out, but make the ship handling somewhat similar to 1.2.

I'm afraid I can't give you any more information.

Wingflier

OvermindDL1

All I can say is: "Do not worry about it."

Fishbone

The problem with this statement
All I can say is: "Do not worry about it."
is that it comes from a modder.

Opp is a hc vet and therefore doesn't trust modders.
Truth is, there were changes to the physics.
Whether or not vets like it, I don't know. Too bad most of the vets had to drop out of the closed beta.

Actually, I worry about the physics alot. Personally, I like them, but I am also aware that I don't have the same abilities as other players in the community.

OvermindDL1

They were changed again, that is why I am telling him to "not worry".  Not saying how they were changed.  I just want this conversation to be put to rest.

CaptPicard

Hope that the new change satisfies the whole community :), would be a real shame if it dosen't :(.

Zero Angel

Number one rule of the 1.3 boards. Thal shalt not mention the H word, such an evil thing must not be named and will bring upon thou total annihilation by the BZ2 gods.

Testing and reporting bugs is somewhere down in the thirties, but I cant be bothered to look it up right now.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

SkyNET

Wingflier

*Wingflier smacks Phoenix with his 12 foot pole*

(tee hee hee hee)

lol

Spawn

where do you get a 12 ft long pole?
ive only found them in metric units :o

Wingflier

Sorry...my girlfriend measured it for me...

I'll have to talk to her about that...

GJC

I wouldnt worry about it either because BZ2 will keep fading away slowly without 1.3 ever playing a major role.

1.3 will never be more than it is right now. A nice SP/MPI mod. Sad but true.

Now Im neither a team member/modder nor a hc vet so what Im saying here has no meaning at all.

Bull Dog

Quote from: GJC
Now I'm neither a team member/modder nor a hc vet so what Im saying here has no meaning at all.

You are exactly right

Edit,

Explanation:  I personally can't stomach 1.2 anymore.  I'm not saying 1.2 is bad, I just like 1.3 better.  In my post I was being half sarcastic and half straight.  1.3 isn't "official" yet.  Yes, it maybe true that 1.3 will never has as many players as 1.2 but, I will probably be playing 1.3 for the rest bz2 days.

I also think at the moment we should not think about bz2 dieing.  There still seem to be plenty of games up.  And there is a dribble of newbes that happen along occasionally.