• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Simple Question About Editor -In Game-

Started by Guardian, January 19, 2005, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian

I was just wondering if you have removed the editor feature for the game? I know you can just start the bz edit exe now but I liked it the old way as well. Is there some sort of command line perameter or did you remove it completly from the dll? I know this is a noob question but It is a slight concern. Thank you for what ever the response maybe. And of course I am running 1.3b

Spawn

it was removed from the multiplayer executable to completely destroy an exploit, and bz2edit.exe has no multiplayer code, so the exploit is fixed.  And yes, the editor is a bit buggy, but it should be fine for what you need it as.  Oh, it wont load dll's either.

Guardian

Okay I think I understood that. We are talking about the ctrl ~ game cheat bzeditor cheat right? Too bad i really wanted that for the ingame games. Oh well I guess I'll have to roll back.... :cry:

Spawn

oh, you can type game.cheat bzeditor into the console if you want, it just wont do anything :D

Jacen

Thats the whole point. I wish they didnt remove it, as i liked to use it in IA :D

Sonic

You're going back off 1.3 just because you can't use the editor now in game???  That's really dumb imo.  You're giving away all those nice new features and bug fixes just for a lousey editor in IA games...
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Element

Would it be possible instead to have a separate multiplayer launcher instead like games such as Call of Duty have?

Bull Dog

[teaser]Requesting permission to disclose some 1.3 info.[/teaser]

Sorry I can't say anything other than its been fixed pretty well.

OvermindDL1

Yea, don't worry about the editor, its been fixed to put it mildly...