• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(medium bug) Scion morphing graphical bug

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, January 28, 2005, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

Commando

I was saying Hemp could address the issue by adding the following to the Warrior, Scout, Lancer, Sentry, and any other scion morphing ship in the game.  

[DeployableClass]
timeDeploy = 5.0
timeUndeploy = 5.0

That would restore the morph time to 5 seconds which is used in 1.2.

ScarleTomato

Oh I see. Although I like the shortened morph times :) Two seconds can make a difference ingame. Especially noticable if you're being pumped full of biometal and you can't shoot back :P

Commando

Yeah, I agree.  I'm just posting the info for those that want to take the time to create a recycler variant that does what they want it to do.

ScarleTomato

Good idea. Speaking of recycler variants, is there a way to add a variant without overwriting the recylist file? So you can just unzip variants with the same ease as unzipping new maps?

I have a recycler to put out in a zip, but I dont want to add the recylist in the archive as it would overwrite or be overwritten as they install other recys.
The other way I see of doing this is thorugh MM5 since it has an addrecy option for 1.3. This way though everyone in the session needs to exit 1.3 everytime you want to use a different recycler.

Spawn

you could see how mm5 does that

hemp, people pissed at you cause your too stupid/lazy to find things out for yourself and ask other people to do the work for you, and its not the graphical part thats medium, its the balance part and you can adjust taht as you please

General BlackDragon

"some times people make me reall want to hit them on the head with a portable bathroom."

that was just a joke, nothing serious, and was aimed at everyone who is arguing and insulting over a "STUPID" little nothing that can be adressed later. Yes the animations are a little off, but this will probably be fixed before the final release.

Calm down before someone finds this topic and decides to lock it  :o

*****General BlackDragon*****

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

General, you have no idea how good that is to hear. No really, it has actually made me smile....

however this

"stupid/lazy to find things out for yourself and ask other people to do the work for you"

doen't make me smile.

I am not stupid or lazy spawn. Those are two things anyone who knows me in the real world would never *Ammo*ing dare to call me. You litterally 'do not know' what you are talking about. Now, onto the second have of that scentance.

I am not asking them to do the work for me, I am asking for it to be noted and corrected. Who actually*does* the correcting be it me or GSH or time virus or whoever...i don't mind. What I would like however is for the correcting to be done to make the patch as good as it can be.
Which is and has been my attitude all along.

APCs r evil

I always figured that those 2 seconds of morphing time were because the the morphing of the inner-mechanics and cockpit of the ship took a bit longer to rearrange than the outside of the ship. I never considered it to be a bug. But that's just me.  :D

What I did consider odd though was the fact that you could see the engine flame over the biometal while morphing.

Angelwing

makes you wonder how you can even move when morphing...

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Spawn

its a simple odf tweak, you could make it and send it to gsh, you could have found out what it was on your own, but you didnt, you waited for someone else to tell you then demanded pacifully that it be included.  you called it a bug that needed fixing when it isnt, at MOST its a balance issue.

i didnt mean to offend you, sorry that i did

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

The whole point of a beta is that people point these sort of things out Spawn. Its called positive critism. This isn't the '' praise for 1.3 only fourm'' is it.

This is one of those tiny mistakes, which on their own arn't much but lots of tiny mistakes are as bad as one big one. I am perfectly justified in making a post about it, so lets be civil about it.

Bull Dog

Bull Dog