• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Cant use the MapEditor for BZ2 1.3 Patch

Started by Splinter, February 08, 2005, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinter

Have seperate installed BZ2 with Patch 1.3 no 1.2.
Have use in the Root from BZ2 with 1.3 Patch the bz2Editor.exe.
Cant set or delete Objekte and see or set Pathpoints.
What is the Problem?
Give a Patch for the Editor ? :?  :?  :?
Thank for Help me!!

PS: My BZ2 is a German Version

Bull Dog

Hmm, maybe someone could translate your german to engligh and put it in proper syntax.  
But it sounds like maybe you don't have a map loaded, try making a shortcut to the bz2 editor and in the target box add something like, "hiloi.bzn" or chilli.bzn to the end after the quotes.

Example: "C:\Games\Battlezone II\bz2edit.exe" hiloi.bzn

I hope that helped,

Bull Dog

Splinter

Have Testing and cant set or delete objects! :cry:

Bull Dog

MAVERICK  HELP.  Splinter he is also German or at least he speaks it, try sending a personal message to him

Splinter

Ok ! have send a PM to Maverik.
I hope he can help me.

GreenHeart

Quote from: SplinterOk ! have send a PM to Maverik.
I hope he can help me.

I remember reading something awhile back in the change.log about certain changes taking place that were hardcoded stuff.  i doubt Maverik can help since the problems your having is hardcoded.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Huscar

Or post your problem here in German. Somebody will translate it, I might give it a shot but I'm not german so it would contain mistakes.

GreenHeart

Quote from: HuscarOr post your problem here in German. Somebody will translate it, I might give it a shot but I'm not german so it would contain mistakes.

Huscar,
I think he did post his problem & i've said the problem is HARDCODED.
I remember someone sending me a copy of the german cfg files from the data.pak however they were exactly the same as the english ones (Including Language) so their is little anyone can do except report the problem to GSH.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Bull Dog

Ummmmmm, After painstaking looking over his post,  It seems that Splinter is having problems placing Objects using the editor, and cannot figure out where how to set path points.  GH how is that a hardcoded problem with the editor?  

I've done all them in the 1.3 pb1 editor.   But explaining how to simply isn't my domain.

Splinter

WOW. Ok , but what is the name of cfg File from the data.pak file and i have not your E-Mail to send this file to you.
:?

~RIP~Maverick-=F=-

We are helping Splinter already. His problem is that he hardly can speak / understand any english so he is using a translater program - and we all know how badly they sok.

Thx to TV for sending him here but i heard you ve sent him back to us ;)

Anyway, the problem is that he cant get the bzeditor in 1.3 to work properly, i.e. its not possible to place objects or units nore can he delete them on the existing finished maps. He also mentioned that he can`t set, read or write pathes for the AI units which is very important for him because he makes MPI maps.

He thinks the reason of those problems is because  he is using the german BZ2 version what might not be compatible with the currently only available US or English versions of 1.3

And like somebody mentioned already, i am really not abled to answer any technical or coding question about the 1.3 editor, i made 2 maps for 1.2 and FE and thats about it - was hard enough for a mapper-n00b like me anyway :D

OvermindDL1

They 'suck' even more when you do not spell properly, or fail to use proper grammer. :D

Bull Dog

you are 100% correct OM.  Mav maybe you could act as a translator?  And ask him, "Is there a specific reason as to why you need to use the 1.3 Editor?"

Splinter

Have found the Problem and hope Maverik can say why.
The MapEditor 1.3 working perfect.  :D  :D  :D
Thanks for Help !

~RIP~Maverick-=F=-

Reason was, like assumed in the beginning, the incompatible german version. The weird thing is, and that`s what Splinter doesn`t understand, the incompatibility is only related to the Editor,  normal gaming is fine. Splinter got hold of an us-version so it all works well for him now.

Bulldog: He never mentioned why he wants to use the 1.3 Editor now. I can only think of its improved and more handy compare to the 1.2 ?