• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 grafic problems

Started by Viperus, February 16, 2005, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZ FeebleEffort

OK...my Kudos to your comp....

Spawn

a challange to om, whats the fps with ten resin archers shooting a building? (actually shooting, they are too stupid to deploy at a point where they can hit it generally...)

OvermindDL1

Havn't tried, send me a save-game in the latest 1.3 beta (not public, I don't have that installed) and I'll give it a try.

There is one mod for 1.3 that is not out yet, before a certain weapon's graphics were tuned down, it was on another race's towers, it shot out this acid looking stuff and with about ten of those towers up, all shooting at the same time, even I'll say I got a heavy fps hit.... as in BZ2 was turning down the graphics...

RubiconAlpha

Sorry gold destroyer, didn't mean to start a debate on your topic.

OvermindDL1 is correct that if that game (v1.3PB1) is auto-lowering graphic settings then you do *need* to have your Multi-Player graphics turned down for better on-line play.

The option I was asking about is the choice to use it.

A better solution IMO is to have a SP/IA graphics panel and a on-line graphics panel so you don't have to go back in to the graphics panel and turn back on the things you would have turned off for on-line play - or maybe a MP shell option for different graphic settings.

None - Everything off or lowered to it's lowest setting

Lite - Some features turn on but others still off

Medium - A bump up from lite

Full - Everything on (except the bugging shadow setting)

Auto - Let the game auto correct your graphics

I'd just like to have a choice (if at all possible) in how the game looks as I'm playing it on-line. But knowing that if I choose my settings poorly I'll effect the game not only for myself but for other players.

GJC

This feature should definitely stay mandatory as it is.

I often play MPI games with players crawling in the range of 20-30 fps. If I ask them why they have so bad fps and ask how they set their gfx options I often hear "high". The auto adjust saves many games. In strat games the fps drop can be much worse, just figure a 10 APC rush. I got a AMD XP 2500+ and a decent gfx card but 10 APCs drop my frame rate below 15 easily.

GJC

Spawn

the feature is good for idiots that dont know how to turn it off, for people that do, well they should know what to do...

RubiconAlpha

Fair enough Spawn, but can we really create an idiot-proof on-line game?

Yes I do lower everything in my MP games because I have to based on my current PC's limitations but all I was looking for is some option (other than "gameprefs" editing) to tone it down a bit.

If we all had PC's like OvermindDL1, playing BZ II would be a dream come true for the rest of us.

I've been wanting to step up to a gaming rig like OvermindDL1 but can't justify with Battlezone 1 and 2 being about the only PC games I make time to play and mod for.

So from the post for having the feature a full-time thing out weighing those that prefer a choice (and understand it's consequences) I'd say we should kill this discussion.

OvermindDL1

Hey, I was stuck with a PoS up till a couple months ago when I finally upgraded after five years, I deserved it by this point. :D