• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A suggestion

Started by Regon, February 28, 2005, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regon

Well I dont know if we are supposed to post suggestions and stuff... only been here a couple of days .

basically I was suggestig 2 things(but may be very difficult things to add)

1. A main chat room on the map choosing screen... think it would help with setting up games and.. add more of a sence of community.(nvm just learned there is one lol)

2. Able to download maps before joining the game while in the in game chat... seems like that would be less of a hassle, make mapediting more popular thus adding more maps to the game maby making the new people or people just returning(like me lol) that dont know where to find these new maps able to play more games which wold make less of a hassle.

Even though these aren't needed I know that more people would play if their maps they make could be played by more people than themselves and who they give he map to. Prolly something to think about once everything else is stable.

APCs r evil

1.3 already has a Chat room, it's on the Multiplayer game list page. Click on the button up top that says, "Chat"

Regon

wow... I never knew tht lol.... guess ill pay more attention lol

Spawn

the whole map downloading thing is a bad idea, for it can be exploited very easily, and is it that hard to give people a link to the map/secure a free ftp?

Regon

ya tru... but some member tht dont do tose things dont know how to do it.... and some of us(aka me for 1) cant seem to find 1 tt either dissappears in 5 days or wont accept the files

Spawn

also, there arent many new maps for 1.3, only g66 mainly, and dune also.

Fishbone

there are not many new maps for 1.3 because 1.3 is not final but a public beta.
Thus all maps and mods for 1.3 are not final and just a preview of what will be...

GreenHeart

Quote from: Regon2. Able to download maps before joining the game while in the in game chat... seems like that would be less of a hassle, make mapediting more popular thus adding more maps to the game maby making the new people or people just returning(like me lol) that dont know where to find these new maps able to play more games which wold make less of a hassle.

Most maps i've seen are sent here...
BzScrap
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Regon

Ya that is why i was thinking after main stuff is done... thought it sunded like a good idea... I know i'd be makin maps if I knew people would acctually get to play them  :D  also any1 know where to get a good free ftp site? Cuz I know my friend that just started playing already has 8 map ideas lol.