• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

awsome suggestion

Started by General BlackDragon, March 13, 2005, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

i just thought of something that would be really kool, i was looking and fiddleing around with the lancer xsi animations, and i thought of something...

What if you added a "death" animation to all the hovercrafts, that way u could make them crash into the ground slightly tilted, before they explodem, or slowly break apart, and whatever...that would be awsome! you have various walker deaths, can you do this with hovercrafts? cause it would be a nice addition to realism to the game.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GENERAL MANSON

that is a good idea which that is almost like in bz1 but not that close to be exact. it might be possible but it may cause a spike of lag in my opinion

BZ FeebleEffort

Are u boinked?...A Death Animation?...BZ 2 is a extremely TIME SENSITIVE Game, a player losing "contact" or "view" of the battlefield for the 2-3-or 4 seconds a death animation takes place is totally unacceptable

Suggesting "Adding new features" to 1.3 is also ill advised. I think theres enough  work (for those that do it) to just getting the basic patch out and playable is enough of a task...

technoid

Hovercraft already have some slight animation when exploding.  You see them flying off at an angle until they disappear with shrapnel fragmentation. That's all you really need to see.  It is probably more apparent in singleplayer mode, since multiworld is turned off.   In the BZ2 Demo, there were slightly longer death animations for the hovercraft, but they were taken out in the later patches.

General BlackDragon

i mean while the player is still in the craft, u can "feel" the craft slide out of your control as the engines fail and your ship hit the ground, kindof like in bz1, ....then u explode...

Spawn

yeah, thats 3 seconds while your out of game like wardog said...

General BlackDragon

so? its nice and realistic,...

Spawn

realism?
how about we give you one life for realism.  you die once and you can never come back to bz2, heh

General BlackDragon

sounds kool...:) j/k but really, it would be nicer to the looks

Scout

i dont know about an animation but a sort of latency between ejecting and having your craft disabled just like that of bz1 wouldnt be such a bad idea, abid its not really a great one, and ignore feeble imho hes talking out of his ass.

Talking?

Out of his?  What?

Wow...

On one hand I'd pay to see that,

On the other I don't think I want to see that...

:lol:

Personally I'd love to see something more like BZ1, where recognizable pieces of the ship flew all over when it exploded.  Seeing a turret from a Grizzly shoot over your head really made it seem real...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

yah, i'd like to see the pieces land on the ground and stay there for a little while untill you looked away or something...giving the phrase "Rest in Peace" to the ship lol

GENERAL MANSON

lol-yay im no longer a druken constructor. lol

SFP Phoenix

Quote from: General BlackDragoni just thought of something that would be really kool, i was looking and fiddleing around with the lancer xsi animations, and i thought of something...

What if you added a "death" animation to all the hovercrafts, that way u could make them crash into the ground slightly tilted, before they explodem, or slowly break apart, and whatever...that would be awsome! you have various walker deaths, can you do this with hovercrafts? cause it would be a nice addition to realism to the game.

that would actually be pready cool, I sugest it  :-D

PhoeniX-FlamE

dont they already have some? if you kill a scout in the air it can flip around hit the ground and explode on ground touch

or just explode right when it dies and theres probably a few more

anyways, if the 2-3 seconds are the problem the way your jetting also might change, no? and imo the way you jet can be very importent... also the speed at which you jet