• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Please help - unable to set ISDF to my default team modding

Started by SEANINATOR, June 13, 2005, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEANINATOR

Guys,

Did I mention modding is sweet and did I say thanks for the help thus far?

IF not enuf -- thanks a million.

I have been successful in creating statues which attack EITHER side that approches it as it defends the outer pools which makes for incredibly interesting play as I have the statues defending the middle ground pools yet each side playing has the ability to place at least 2 pools behind his base (defended by steep canyons walls just around the pool which defends the pool from long range shots) anyway, its interesting to watch the AI or the CPU deal with a statue and watch them duke it out...  :lol:

The objects I have placed in the maps help to make an atmosphere which seems more desperate than what we are used to seeing - dead bodies laying around, smoking drop ships and hobbled constructors on fire adds to the uncertainty of the map.  At one point I had 2 statues fighting each other! (sort of a mistake but was neat to watch) Its way cool when you turn our surround sound up and listen to those blasts .

I have been successful in placing opposing ground troops all over the map at startup which make an interesting (and frustrating at times) battle field when you start out and you are immediatly attacked with bazookas - so move it soldier! Run em over or ya better dodge the RPGs

My aim is to mitigate or reduce the dependancy on pool gathering and instead provide each side with the resources to wage a more intense battle with more base attacks from afar (apcs) or assult tank action. I fully expect these instant game battles to take several hours when I get them done. One thing I may try is providing for remote factory placement options for each side and see if the AI takes adavantage of that.

One weird thing happens is when you place a bridge that the AI finds to be on your team (team 1: it seems you can plae an object which can be marked to be part of your side and set to destroy opposing players but the AI knows that the object is a threat too)  ) the AI attacks it with bikes and big time. The only problem is it seems not to damage the bridge. I may be able to adjust the hit strength of the bridge some how <<guys HELP ME THERE>> or I can set the bridges to neutral placement type - but Ill loose the effect of the AI trying to dominate their side of that pool by taking my side out.  ANYONE know how to set object strength?

Again ..I will make this mod available for Alien Dune map  very soon and youll find it damn challenging instead of the usual center pool fight schema drag.

ADVANCED STUFF:
Id like to see someone create a deal where you can make all the ships you want but only have a few pilots to work with (say 20) and once you loose those youll need to capture opposing team pilots (with superman -like net special armory powerup and drag them back to base for "retooling" to your side of the deal ...so now you have to battle for scrap AND AND AND battle to keep your guys and take theirs- now there are 2 ways to hobble your opponent ...killl his guys so his tanks lay idle or pool management.  War is hell aint it.

Savvy?

Sean

PS_ someone has been using my name lately and misusing
it ...note to offenders:  grow a pair you dishonerably discharged phussy.

Spawn

you can always look into the bridges' odf in patch13.pak or data.pak (look in data only if you cant find it otherwise)
you can set health like a building, but make sure to save it in a new name and then youll need to replace it on your map and save it

you could have every ship build being empty, but pilot ai makes them recycle when there isnt a ship near them or somehting to shoot at...
you could have a training facility like setup, but those contain as many pilots as possible...
you can do it, but youll probablly need dll to make it work...

Angelwing

Quote from: ScarleTomato:cry: the only amazement i get is the 'page not found' page. anyone else have this problem or is it only on my end?

Quote from: OvermindDL1I see a page, but it is black... with a green graphic .tk in the upper-left corner...

try This link
That should work fine, it was likely just the .tk domain screwing up (again)

OvermindDL1

ScarleTomato