• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Timeline of BZ2 with mods

Started by SEANINATOR, June 15, 2005, 08:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEANINATOR

Sean here:

Would someone please display a timeline of BZ2 and its mod history and/or if possible gather a collection of files that can be downloaded and installed for a mega variety pak to game with that are compatable?

For example: Patch 1.2+ FE + FE MAP PACKS + whatever else works with 1.2 and so on without corrupting a previous mod ....(SFX guys did you fix the clashing files yet?  :p

Then PAtch 1.3+SFX+G66+STARFLEETPLATOON or however they work together....because I and many like me dont know for sure but would be more than willign to download a monster patch and roll it out or piece a string of patches together and install them if we had some decent instructions. Time is hard to find these days and the last thing I wish to do is corrupt my working current version to try another's no tknowing how it will end up. IF we have a better idea of a menu of what works with what then more will play, guaranteed.

:bla: What I am seeing is a tremendous amount of talent in these mods simply going unknown to spazzes like me and my buds who respect this game and the level of intensity it can present.

Im seeing modders who are producing games that simply rock and roll over 99% of titles being released even now but largely go unplayed or unknown for Pete's sake. UNKNOWN I can't even believe it.

The AngelicFury mod  ( OMG! )is simply stunning and I am hearing good things about the ULER mod - havent even tried the Dune Command mod yet nor the BORG version, or all of the g66 packs - holy krap batman!  Awesome games unplayed?!?!  - would someone please put this stuff together in a TXT file or something so I know how many quadruple  boot pcs I need to make to have em all ???  I'm ALL in brother. :mrgreen:

Anyone have the time/bandwidth to host this ideaR (kudos Paul Sr.OCC)

shane ward

click on my sig link and play my mod ;)
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

SEANINATOR

Ok looks interesting.....doesnt answer the question and the mod manager
is far too complicated for most to use.  WHat ever happened to the KISS concept?  

The next post which will follow will some jerk lambasting me for not understanding the mod manager "bla bla bla "- whatever dude. If the mod manager is so great then why must one understand how to make his own mods to truly understand how and why it works?

Im looking for someone to take the lead and post all mods that can be written into v1.2 and v1.3 and used without conflicts - those that will conflict with others  _ LIKE ASSIMULATION _ should be noted as ones whihc will need their own install of bz2.

LEts solve this issue not add to it. :D

Angelwing

The mod im working on atm is designed to be 'permanently' installed to the BZ2 directory, rather like G66/ZST is, only a full mod.

The ONLY possible conflict i've noted so far is with Mods that include a huge amount of additional races, such as BZRAP (I need a recy_m.odf and user_m.odf for the race to work, all other assets have '-aw' on the end) although i'm planning to use a raceletter that isn't being used anyway, so it should be fine.

It is, however, for the 1.2 patch. It SHOULD work with 1.3 also, but this is still to be confirmed...

mrtwosheds

sean maybe you could sugest a simple process for checking for conficts with other mods, because the only one i can think of would be extremely time consuming and very very boring :)

Saloei

shane you should place a working MUTE icon on that page.

Saloei

shane you should place a working MUTE icon on that page.

shane ward

Just press the stop button.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2