• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Setting neutral objects in maps

Started by SEANINATOR, June 19, 2005, 08:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCs r evil

Team 5 has always hated me...

EDIT: I just remembered, I never actually looked at the teams in a MP map.... Thought I did though. Well I suppose that's what I get for having 17 people live in my head.

Spawn

what fishbone said is right for MULTIPLAYER MAPS
in instant action everyone hates each other (team zero neutral though), unless its a non stock map or you have an ai commander or whatnot

and by fishbone i mean the other guy who posted below me (i never get your name right)

CmptrWz

Quote from: Spawnwhat fishbone said is right for MULTIPLAYER MAPS
in instant action everyone hates each other (team zero neutral though), unless its a non stock map or you have an ai commander or whatnot

Please point out Fishbone's post, as you have confounded me :p

SEANINATOR

Guys,

So the team the object gets set to depends on the type of map you are modding. I am only using the instant action ones but will be using the strat ones soon.

Heres the question now - for instant action maps if I want the Statues to attack everybody I set them to team 2.  I set them to team 1 they defend me and my base - what # do they get to defend the CPU side? :?
Btw - my dune map is getting interesting - the CPU sent bikes BEHIND my base to attack me ! Ive never seen that b4. ANd was very aggressive with the bomber and APCs!! SCHWEEET. :lol:

I have the bridge thing worked out and they are a neutral object now that no one attacks. Whew thanks.

I did however get an odd error during my game - something to the effect of the "tracked physics going bzerc" that was actually an error message quote prior to the meltdown.  But up until then the game was rocking as the CPU needed to take out a pool defending statue and did it with assult tanks!  I set 2 statuess on either side of the center zone area defending each pool and removed the center pool but added 3 pools behind base to eliminate the redundant pool battles...its working out well.  I think  the tracked physics problem is a result of too many mini-lakes for the CPU to fall into and get caught so Ill smooth that out as I go along.

I did however notice the CPU isnt building gun towers as much as they should but they do build all other buildings.

Ideas - Ill set them in there if I can.  Hopefully I can set a bunch of dead guys in my base and downed ships - the crashed mothership is freaking huge and an awesome addon.

Almost  done.

Sean

APCs r evil

Set the statues to team 11, that way they should kill everyone.

I don't think the tracked physics going bzerk has anything to do with any mini-lakes. From my experience I'd say it has something to do with tracked vehicles ramming into each other repeatedly, or getting stuck on pointy bumps.

Spawn

to have them build more stuff gts you gotta make a new aip
team 5 is ai team

SEANINATOR

Buddy - can ya lend a brudder a hand and build me one of them there AIPs?  ID love to but i slept thru advanced scripting class.  LOL

I wouldnt know where to begin.

I fixed a few issues today and ran a game and they were relentless sending assult tanks behind my base on the rear ridge to hit my recycler
luckiliy for me I was refueling my sabre when they tried that - had I not been there they moight have destroyed it as I only had one GT back there.  Im encouraged to see this working out and the suggestions on the ojects has helped out alot - I can now set objects which everyone ignores but adds a nice touch to the game.

The frame rate is simply huge on my map despite my addons and objects! Im getting anywhere from 100FPS to 120  to average about 70 depending on the action at hand but it used to hang at an average of only 40 or 50 mostly and now its about 70 most of the game on fairly higher settings! ( 533 fsb 2.4 ghz Cel overclocked to 2.64 with ddr333 256ddr ram and fx5800 8x agp card w/omega drivers.)  My machine wasnt expensive to build but makes nice game play for under 400$.

Currently building huge bridge segments (hundreds of meters long and high in the air)  that reach from one side of the map to another to facilitate rouge attacks based on nav pointers for bikes and assult tanks. Basically you set a nav at your end to stage them then set nav at other side of bridge for them to path to and once they get there tell them to hold and they duke it out with whomever greets them for the CPU!   :lol:

Look out once I rebuild the strat maps! ITs cool to watch the CPU duke it out with the statues. Never thought Id see the day.

Sean

Spawn

look at the stock ones, and get the aip scriptor (use search feature or look on bzscrap)
its not hugely complicated, and i think someone has released better ones or something...

APCs r evil

No it's quite easy to use the AIP Editor, but getting the AI's attack waves to attack all at once instead of sending one to attack and the rest sit in the same spot is a pain in the ass. AND getting the AIP's to use the lower priority plans is rather annoying..

P.S. Have you played G66?

SEANINATOR

G66- yes huge fan of the deal just bummed over the low supply of IA  maps is all. Id like to see some strat maps using G66 weapons.  Any takers?

:? New problem - bridges that span from one edn of the map to another has been a failure in that I cannot build them in a long line on a painted ridgeine which was eyedropped into the proper height so that I build the ridgeline then try the bridge build then I would melt the terrain under the segments to create the span.........no luck. :s

THe segments do not fit together over any span I make if they are level - perhaps the terrain has to be irregular? The red outline appears as i mate them up but goes green when i seperate them farther apart . I want to make a bridgethat reaches from one end of my base across the terrain to the other base and have nothing under other than flat land.

ITs confounding to make these bridges - the idea is cool but I'll need help in creation.  

BTW - if you want a copy of what I have so far please Email me at DOSMSTR@aol.com and in the subject mention DUNES and Ill forward it - its about 4 megs.

any ideaRrs?  (courtesy OCC)

Spawn

turn off grouns and turn on allign or something

SEANINATOR

re: BRIDGES

YES the alignment button was(nt) highlighted and once set the rest came easy. Its came together today with bridges spanning from one end of the map to the other's forward area of the base and another doing thesame on the other side. They run vertically on the mini map you would see when playing and - get this - the scavs like to run across them without help! :lol:

I was able to have 5 bikes follow me in for an attack on the AI so its working out well.

My only bug thus far is making a low enuf sloped ramp to allow for the constructors to climb up to higher ground and build towers.

The best thing thus far has been the relentless attacks and battles that wage on and the AI's desire to rebuild after a good arse kicking.

I may go real strong and shoot for remote factory capability on the higher ground for each side in my strats.

I predict the DUNES/Patton's  map will be finished for those who care to snag a copy by the end of this weekend I suppose I can forward it to bzscrap.com ?

I'd like to thank those of you who have helped me. The learning curve was VERY steep thanks to your input!  :D
Im doing what I can to maintain the interest in the game by creating these maps - hopefully everyone will enjoy them.

I could use a team setting however.... in a strat map which side do I set a statue to allow it to attack only my side?

WOndering.... :?
When I set the statue in a Strat map to team 2 it fights for me only. Shall they be set to 0 or 3 or something else to attack me?

Sean

Spawn

team zero is neutral
by strat you mean mpi i guess
Quote from: CmptrWz0 - Neutral
1 - 5 - Human Team 1
6 - 10 - Human Team 2
11 - 15 - Team 3 (Doesn't exist, but can be good for pre-placed "enemy" objects)
comp is on human team two

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression