• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Setting neutral objects in maps

Started by SEANINATOR, June 19, 2005, 08:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEANINATOR

Guys,

Setting cool objects into my maps causes the opposing team (the AI in instant games) to attack the grass, the bridges - anything that I place as a prop becomes a target for the CPU.  This severely effects the game play as I wish to make the grass work as a screen for snipers and bridges for isolated pools - instead - the CPU attacks them instead of me.

Ive tried to use team 3 2 and 1 for the objects placed and the same result happens.  

So heres the question:  

Can someone tell me how to set the objects (of all kinds) as neutral so the CPU wont attack them.

Sean

Tempest Storm

They attack the grass??

That's just not right...

:lol:

-Av-

ScarleTomato

:lol:

Mowerman's COW Tank would be perfect for attacking grass...  I'll have to post a pic of that.  :)

-Av-

Spawn

i really want to see the cow mod, is it uploaded anywhere?

APCs r evil

It's at bzscrap... How did you miss it? It was the first mod I ever downloaded.

SEANINATOR

Set to 0 will stop the CPU or AI from attacking the grass?  I will try it and thanks for the suggestion.

It's hilarious actually - the AI builds several assult tanks and they surrond the grass and shoot plasma at it and the Sabres join in and attack the grass. Sadly, this odd behaviour compromises the gameplay as the AI gets mega confused.

BTW - I LOVE the power-up weapon RAVE! and he fountain mine. I destroyed the AI's base with my scout and 6 fountain drops.  It was a collossial ass kicking and I never fired a shot. The fountains blew the snot out of them and with beautiful colors too.  It's not an honorable way to win but it sure is satisfying after a long day of modding maps.

The RAVE weapon just rocks..the color the beat the damage the range --Im all in on that powerup.

So to review if I set all objects bridges,grass,downed ships all to team 0 all will be cool?

Spawn

PhoeniX-FlamE

maybe someone else would be able to complete / correct me but I think that

0 = netural
1-4 = humans t1 (for MP)
5-8 = humans t2 (for MP)
and higher should be computers team

is this correct guys?

CmptrWz

I thought it was

0 - Neutral
1 - 5 - Human Team 1
6 - 10 - Human Team 2
11 - 15 - Team 3 (Doesn't exist, but can be good for pre-placed "enemy" objects)

APCs r evil

Actually team 5 is an enemy to team 1.

Angelwing

Not in multi...
At least, not in 1.2 multi :P

When I used to do multi-edits (MPI/G66) i'd always place some AI turrets under team 5, so they'd be on my team but couldn't be controlled and would instead just sit there and shoot anything that passed by...

In IA however, team 5 is the computer team.

ScarleTomato

tried that cow mod :) loved it, now i see what Avatar is talking about with his overgrown burly HeMan scav :D

how very interesting... when opening MPI: Chill in the editor. I found that the enemy is team 6. Team 5 is apparently a rouge team, attacked by teams 1 and 6

in IA: the enemy is team 5 and its every team for themselves

Edit: NVM. I had tried it without anyone else entering the world, so my info is wrong. I suppose the allied teams only show up after the multiplayer dll is executed, 'cause team 2 was also an enemy to me.

Angelwing

hm, odd
team 5 has always been friendly in MPIs for me...