• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor mistake) Entity was killed by entity messages

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, August 08, 2005, 01:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

In 1.2 it only says something like

[uscm]7thwave's scout killed by [uscm]Darkfox

If its two players killing eachother.

However, in 1.3 it says

[uscm]7thwave's scavenger killed by [uscm]Darkfox

If lets say i had scavenger moving into one of Darkfox's turrets.

There is no way of telling if humans are involved or not. Now i know its not very major, but it means that Darkfox's player statisitcs program (which has had its source code lost, so cannot be changed) isn't useable in 1.3, as it does the statisitics for the whole game, not for the players.

Is it possiable to make it so that either

a) its returned to only giving messages when players are involved (e.g. back to 1.2)

or if at all possiable the better option

b) change the message that comes up when AI units are involved so that Darkfox's stat programe won't register the line.

Commando

There are two options in the extra options that you can disable.  Points for AI Kills and Kills for AI Kills I think.  Set both to "Off" and you have 1.2 style scoring.  This is available in the public beta.

Spawn

i think its done by dll, or you could do some alternative by dll

PhoeniX-FlamE

speaking of msgs

what happends if assuming I kill hemp and hemp kills me at the same time

will it still say that one got killed by the other while the 2nd one died by (null) ?

Spawn

yeah, but tahts unlikely unless you using mines of something

PhoeniX-FlamE

can happen with minigun so ofc chains, ion, probably guess, can happen with blast too (not with laser though), faf, shads, probably tag, all type of mortars and not mines

because mines get your nick, even after u die

oh and it can happen with AI as well, I've seen many times somene kill a turret only to die by its last mini getting

"*moo* scout destroyed by (null)" null being the turret that just died

Angelwing

Quote(not with laser though)

Actually, it CAN happen with laser, it's just incredibly unlikely...
Still, it's happened to me before...

In a DMTitan, both at red (me and theri), rockets miss, preparing to shoot each other with that final, killing shot with a laser the millisecond the top of their hitbox is hittable, both fire... both... hit...
The most interesting part about it is that it didn't even say "was killed by [null]", so there was no way to tell who died first, and before anybody asks no, pilots had NOTHING to do with it

DarkFox

Even if I could edit my sourcecode, there's no way to track player kills vs ai kills with the 1.3 messages.
Just having {uscm}DarkFox-AI- turret killed by Huscar would do, where AI is written after the player name for AI-involved kills.

On a more important note, though, I don't know many players that like their chat window being covered in scavenger kills, scrolling off the important 'theres a bomber coming' chat between players.

The scoring has nothing to do with it, this is about logfile messages, not scores. :/

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

yes, i am asking if the logfile messages can be made to be 1.2 style....

Or is the function in the public beta already capable of doing this?

APCs r evil

Quote from: CommandoThere are two options in the extra options that you can disable.  Points for AI Kills and Kills for AI Kills I think.  Set both to "Off" and you have 1.2 style scoring.  This is available in the public beta.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Yeah, i read that. But i am wondering if the logfile (i.e. the text document) is directly affected as well....

e.g., just cause on my screen doesn't show the scavs getting killed, does the logfile record it but not show it on my screen?

Also, could the scion scout not be called 'scout'. Because 'scout' is also the name for the ISDF ship.

Could someone change the ODF for scion full and empty scouts so that it said 'drone' and 'efficient drone'.

...and don't say 'do it yourself' because it is only a few letters to change

APCs r evil

I don't see why not... For some reason that I will likely never understand, Tanks were renamed Sabre Tanks in the private beta.