• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor bug) Scout Sniper hitpoint location

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, August 10, 2005, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

In 1.2 it seems to be not be where the cockpit is, but just in the middle of the ship.
Is this fixed in 1.3? has the point been moved over the cockpit...and is there any other vechiles that had the same problem?

General BlackDragon

the sniper spot is where the "hp_com1" is...move that and (i think) u move the green/white/red/blue/ particle tga around, havnt tried it though.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Spawn

its the eyepoint that you can snipe, not hpcom
i think it has to do with the cockpit reflecting the eyepoint for some reason, puma in g66 shows this (sniper spot outside ship) but commando fixed that

General BlackDragon

not true, i put the scout's eyepoint in the cockpit, the dot still came from around where the hp com was...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Spawn

its also based around the cockpit object...

APCs r evil

Commando

Spawn is correct.  If no cockpit object exists in the model, the hp_eyepoint is used.  The sniper dot is positioned in the center of the cockpit object if one exists.  This has been seen with several units I have seen in Flesh Storm.  Once the cockpit was renamed, the hp_eyepoint was used as the sniper spot.

BZ2 has an heirarchy for pretty much everything, defaulting finally to the pivot of the base mesh part if there's no eyepoint or com or smoke or etc...

That's why walkers without a "smoke" object smoke from the dummyroot, and units without an hp_com show a ground level view in the PIP if you target them.

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Great...so has anyone systermatically gone though all of the vechiles to check for these mistakes?

Spawn

who says they are mistakes?
besides, the xsi's are released...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

the scout snipe spot is a mistake. The cockpit is clearly not at the centre of the craft, but further back just infront of the 'wings'.

Spawn

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

perhaps...but the 'heat' image is still in the cockpit. Showing that the pilot is in there.

E.g. with teh sabre one the dot is surrounded by the heat of the pilot...which is painted acoording to green red or blue...

The sabre's one is done properly.

ScarleTomato

or white too :P

I don't think its been fixed yet in the public release, but, yeah the xsi's are released, im sure it wouldn't take you long to fix 'em up and send it in to be implemented in the next release :)