• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(MAJOR Suggestion) Sattalite view.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, August 16, 2005, 06:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

That problem is rather comming, I get every so often.  It usually occours if the power goes out or if somehow you were pushed AWAY from the pannel in the commbunker/overseer.  It's most comming for me when I play scion.  Sometimes an enemy pilot will get in my scout and start to sonic wave my overseer...it ends up pushing me away from the overseer's pannel and I get stuck.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

PhoeniX-FlamE

I've always froze there if I've been there for 2 long due to unbelivable low FPS
about 1.5 or something
almost impossiable getting my mouse to the "logout", sometimes it can take me mins

Angelwing

That's a bug I get. It seems to be triggered by clicking on the radar screen to navigate around the map, so the rare times I use it now I just scroll...

OvermindDL1

I've always used the radar map to scroll, of course I never really started using that mode till 1.3 anyways....

Spawn

theres some bug with radar scrolling though, like your constantly clicking on the radar when you get stuck in the bunker, really a pain to fix too

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

What if the radar map were tobe diveded up into 'grids'. and your mouse could only click on the certain parts...

You don't use clicking on the radar map to do fine tuneing of your perspective it, you use it to get to the other side of the map instantly.

Perhaps if the mouse when hovering over the grid could only 'snap' into certain parts.

Bascvially....divide the map into 100 squares, when using th emouse to click on the map to move your perspective, the perspective only 'snaps' to one of those squares.

Angelwing

Not sure it would help, I think the trouble with radar in multi (at least 1.2) is that if you go from one end of the map to the other it has to then load all the data for that area, which if im correct in understanding the meaning of 'neardistance' would cause a sudden bandwidth spike,aswell as CPU - which can then trigger that 0.3ish FPS bug, meaning all you can do is either wait for it to fix itself (if ever) or attempt to type /leave to get out of there

Nielk1

I thik shift + F something turns on the stalite with bzview, check the f key bindings.

Click on the image...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

does GSH know? Cause its driving me mad trying to find out...

Nielk1

From bzgame_keys.cfg in the patch13.pak (pb1):
// Camera views
Bind("+shift F1", "view.set.cockpit");
Bind("+shift F2", "view.set.forward");
Bind("+shift F3", "view.set.chase");
Bind("+shift F4", "view.cockpit");
Bind("+shift F5", "view.interface");
Bind("+shift F9", "view.set.schematic");
Bind("+shift F10", "view.set.satellite");
Bind("+shift F12", "view.set.freeeye");

Oh, this reminds me.  I used to use freeeye alot, but now, the ship's movement controlls dont allow you to move the camera.  Is this just a 1.3 public beta thing?  I loved flying around and taking pictures, it made the phisics feel like space, well, except you would stop on a dime and you where actuly just a camera, but still?

EDIT: We should make the editor camera F8 or F11, or move F10 to F11 and make F10 the editor camera, or... you get the idea.

EDIT: EDIT: So the dll turns on game.cheat bzview (or whatever) when a relay bunker is made, and turns it off when all bunkers are destroyed.

Then Shift + F10 or maby a custom controll, will work.

Click on the image...