• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(MAJOR Suggestion) Sattalite view.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, August 16, 2005, 06:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I have noticed, whilst playing 1.3 multiplayer, esp on those maps where its 4 or so commanders each with their own recycle...

That your quite often away from the arear you need to be building stuff from.

I think that perhaps, once a relay bunker is built, that one should be able to press a shortcut and be placed in satalite view....however...you lose control of your ship, it stays still...as you do this. Making it a big risk of being sniped or ambushed...

But anyway, it would *really* make playing those sorts of games easier and more fun. And i think its a really easy to impliment thing because to activate it in 1.2 is just a simple measure of

game.cheat bzview

Whatever the shortcut key is (which btw i have been wondering).

Just pressing that activates the exact same thing as i am suggesting. The only difference is that I suggest it works on the basis of 'only functions if the relay bunker is up and with power...

...it also happens to be what bz1 did...

Spawn

Angelwing

There's a console command to open satelite view I think, and even the Editor view without the interface (so you can rotate the camera/etc)

View.Set.Editor or something like that, not sure if it works in MP

Oh, I'd love that...

And you know why.  Funny, never thought to ask for it...

Must be getting old...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

yah i think we should have that too! :) nice one hemp!

*****General BlackDragon*****

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Doesn't affect strat *too* much...but it does mean 1v1v1v1 maps are alot easier to play on....and it also makes mpis alot better....

But, who knows what the shortcut is if you use the cheat

game.cheat bzview

?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If you can't get the satalite view to change its perspective because of the hud....then perhaps there should be a button so satalite view had two modes. One where you can give command etc, and another where you can just change perpsective and camera view...

Huscar

Actually hemp that command (game.cheat bzview) will make you see everything on the map and make everything appear on radar. Hmm, well I think that's the one. Then there's game.cheat bzradar, that is suppossed to give you free access to sattellite view but I've never seen it do a thing.
Anyways, if this gets implemented it'd be cool to have it as a tag option in the com bunker (or maybe just anywere). That way you can not affect strat in any way at all and ppl can choose which one to use by means of rec variants.

PhoeniX-FlamE

ehhh vice versa Huscar

bzradar will show everything on the map
I didnt know bzview exsisted till I've read this post

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I just think commanders should be able to press a short cut and have the sattalite view, as long as they have power and relaybunker...and not have to actually *log in* as an easily killed pilot to get it working.

I mean, how many times have i lost a game or something becaus i had to run always across the map and make a building, then run all the way back to the other end.

I tried to activate it ingame in 1.2...but i don't know what the shortcut is ...i am going to go ask in maps and mods forum.

The move from the BZ1-style-always-accessible-once-the-Comm-was-built-style of Satellite view to the BZ2 Comm Bunker was debated during the original beta.  The idea was to make the pilot get out of his tank at times to heighten the danger, and hence the fun.

Personally I think setting up a Comm Bunker should enable activating a Satellite view showing only your units, similar to the BZ1 version.  Getting out of your tank and actually using the Comm Bunker should give you the current view.

Kindof an MS style setup, where you get the basics when you buy the package, and anything more requires an upgrade.  :)

-Av-

squirrelof09

once you activate it game.cheat bzview and if you got the bzgame_keys.cfg  you can press shift or ctrl + f11 i believe, and it works like the bunker, i think unless you want to type it in the console (view.satellite) hell i dunno what it is in the console but there you go.
i suck at explaning but right now i am not at school.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

PhoeniX-FlamE

Quotei suck at explaning but right now i am not at school.
huh? so in school you explain things better?
either way, thats some very intresting pieace of information, I realy dont know what I would've done without it

QuoteI mean, how many times have i lost a game or something becaus i had to run always across the map and make a building, then run all the way back to the other end.

I love this kind of stuff... while its harder for you its harder for the other commander as well, no? so, if you master your control better you benefit out of it... or in simple - skills!
I just love all those handicaps when you command

BZZERKER

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyI mean, how many times have i lost a game or something becaus i had to run always across the map and make a building, then run all the way back to the other end.

It's called "power management" and it's a part of strategic thinking and is also part of situational awareness (something every battlefied commander should have). If you can't figure that out, no wonder you lose (and you should lose).

ScarleTomato

Scions, gotta love Power Lungs... :D

I haven't yet played BZ1 but I do love the idea of making the satview availiable from your tank.
Maybe Av can add that in his BZ1 Classic Mod :D

yeah, I think its Ctrl+F10 after you type in game.cheat bzview