• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Idea, but probbly a little late...

Started by Nielk1, September 04, 2005, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

This idea is definitly 2 late unless it is extreamly easy to implement or already done.

Be able to set a different xsi for an empty unit in the ODF.

Then hover bikes and transparent cockpits would look nice and logical.

He he, logic, bz2 engin, lol, I'm funny! :lol:

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

i dont understand ur request, please restate it more clearly, how is that any different from GeometryName = "blablahblah.xsi" ?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

[GameObjectClass]
baseName = "ivhbike"
geometryName = "ivhbike00.xsi"
cockpitName= "ivscout_cockpit.xsi"
animCount = 4
animName1 = "forward"
animFile1 = "ivhbikesf.xsi"
animName2 = "neutral"
animFile2 = "ivhbikesn.xsi"
animName3 = "reverse"
animFile3 = "ivhbikesr.xsi"
animName4 = "empty"
animFile4 = "ivhbikeem.xsi"

classLabel = "wingman"
scrapValue = 15
scrapCost = 50
customCost = 50
buildTime = 15.0
customTime = 15.0
maxHealth = 1800
maxAmmo = 1000
addAmmo = 1
unitName = "Hover Bike"
aiName = "ScoutFriend"
aiName2 = "ScoutEnemy"

So, for example, a hover bike can have a pilot ON it for the normal 3d, but, when it's empty, have no pilot on it, and maby even have a kickstand.

EDIT: TO clarify, an animation that playes one way when u hop out, and another when you get back in.  Anything from a pilot simply folding in, shrinkin, or an oppening cockpit, to a pilot shisicly exiting the cockpit would be possable.  Obviously, driving a vehicle from another race would make it look a little odd.

Click on the image...

Angelwing

walkers already do that. Notice when you get out of them they crouch to the floor ?

Nielk1

... Man I never even looked into that.  I realy need to researth these things better.

But isnt that only a walker class animation though?  If the walker has it, maby it can be added to other classes esier but I dont know.

Click on the image...

Walkers are the only class with a 'kneel' animation.  It's been brought up before but is a long way down the list...

-Av-

Nielk1

Quote from: AvatarIt's been brought up before
That's what I wanted to hear!

Quote from: Avatarbut is a long way down the list...
That... isn't.

I would be "easy" to do right? Just ow, very low, prioridy?

Click on the image...