• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

will the sof fix patch interfere with bz2 1.3pb2?

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, March 01, 2006, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GENERAL MANSON*

just wondering if it could imbalace it before i install it.

Lizard

you really think they would make a patch and not fix an issue like a stack overflow ?  :roll:

GENERAL MANSON*

well it could be possible but then again someone told me this. it started with and s. said it would cause instability and best not to have it installed kinda made me unsure.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

GENERAL MANSON*

Don't install ANY other patches over 1.3Pb2, it'll just muddy the testing waters.

-Av-

GENERAL MANSON*

well in previous version of the beta with 1.3pb i had no problem i will go ahead and apply and test tomorrow night.

GSH

That fix is included in ALL versions of the 1.3 patches. A naive installer, which just replaces some bytes, will cause problems. A better installer, which makes sure the bytes to change are as expected before replacing them, should just refuse to change any bytes.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

Go read the changelog GM, it was one of the very first things fixed.