• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 2 bugs

Started by Commando, March 01, 2006, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

Just another thing that I thought I should mention. I play on a LAN network with a ping of 0 or 2. Usually half way through the map my computer tells my friends that I'm badly lagged and then kicks me out of the game.

I used the same computer on 1.2 and was never kicked for lag on a LAN network. Is this something in the 1.3pb2 code and can be addressed?

Jonathan S.

OvermindDL1

1.3 did not add that, that has been there since the beginning, and I've never been kicked for lagging anywhere, seen others kicked though.

GSH

Rule 1 of being a beta tester: make it easy to reproduce an issue.

Saying "play for a while, and something bad will happen" is useless to me. I can't quite expect my cats to play the other machine in MPI at home. I don't have unlimited time; I'd rather be working on other things than playing for an hour to see a problem appear. It usually takes me 4-5 times of seeing a bug in action to get a fix, and 4-5 hours of playing normally is about the total time I've got free in a week to work on BZ2.

-- GSH

lucky_foot

Sorry, GSH. Tried to be clear. Forgive me if what I say next still doesn't meet what you need. I'm going to tell you what happened.

We began in playing MPIDunes, I was ISDF against my brother and friend, both Scion. We get the standard things deployed. 2 pools for me while they grab the rest. Knowing that they would have alot of resources, I begin constructing a defensive base. I put up 5 guntowers. This is halfway in the game after they launched attacks of 5 warriors in a party.

Midway, I have:

1 Recycler
1 Factory
1 Service bay
1 Training Facility
1 Tec center
2 Bio-metal pools
2 Comm Bunkers
5 Power Generators
4 Turrets
1 Assault Tank
2 Tanks
4 Scavs
Me in a Scout_M

My brother launches an attack of 7 Warriors and him in a Sentry against my recycler coming in through the side, (a place I forgot to plug up...across the small pond where I was started. The battle is fierce, but short as his unrefitted Warriors are destroyed by my guntowers. At this point, I begin getting a message of checking gamestate. Everything freezes for a split second and then begnis again.

Five minutes down the line, the computer freezes and goes to the game over screen. I go to my brother's room and on his screen it says that I was badly lagged and was removed from the server.

That's as detailed as I can get, GSH. Hope this helps.

Jonathan S.

Spawn

I hope the map was ST:dunes
Does your ram usage increase with time? Cpu usage? Comp spects? Who goes out of sync? Is it only your computer, or the friends too?  What time does it happen at?  Always at exactly this time?  What modes has it happened at?  Can you join after?  Anyone else get slow downs?

BZZERKER

Do you get/have a log file for this?

wug

Very, very minor bug to report.  MPI: Iceberg - in the description it states that there are 7 scrap pools.  I can only find 5.  The AI looked, I looked, and can't find the last 2.  So I think it should say 5 scrap pools. :roll:

GSH

Submit a new .inf then.

-- GSH

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: wug on May 07, 2006, 04:18:50 PM
Very, very minor bug to report.  MPI: Iceberg - in the description it states that there are 7 scrap pools.  I can only find 5.  The AI looked, I looked, and can't find the last 2.  So I think it should say 5 scrap pools. :roll:

that is for more than 1 map definitely.

lucky_foot

Quote from: Spawn on May 05, 2006, 01:04:14 PM
I hope the map was ST:dunes
Does your ram usage increase with time? Cpu usage? Comp spects? Who goes out of sync? Is it only your computer, or the friends too?  What time does it happen at?  Always at exactly this time?  What modes has it happened at?  Can you join after?  Anyone else get slow downs?

Drat! I was thinking the wrong map MPIChill is what I was speaking of. :( I've got to slap myself and be more specific with my observations. I will get all the information you have stated and will let you know.

Jonathan S.

Spawn

ST:Chill you mean?
How are you playing mpi with humans on the computer team exactly?  It SHOULD be impossible with pb2.

lucky_foot

&#*$&#^,

It is ST:Chill. Why in six-alpha do I keep saying MPI?!?!

You are right spawn, it was a ST against my brothers. I'm such an idiot. :\
Jonathan S.

Spawn

sabrebattletank

wug

I think this is a PB2 bug... when I turn on and off "P3 optimization", the colours of the objects look different.  With P3 opt. turned on, the colours are lighter than with it off.  I'm actually still using a last-gen P3 CPU, so that's why I have it turned on.

Anyone try toggling it in-game and see a difference?