• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Preliminary Physics Tweaks Posted

Started by Red Devil, March 06, 2006, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZ FeebleEffort

"Question: Will Mod physics and balance have to be adjusted once we finish with the stock physics/balance?"

Leave Modders to tweak on their own...you have a big enough task just getting stock into the realm of near universal acceptance.

Red Devil

I know, just wondering if they will have to tweak their physics after we tweak these is all.
What box???

Spawn

They could, but hopefully the tweaks are somewhat constant throughout, so its jsut multiplying.

The negative values don't cause this to crash, just dont make it much higher (well, lower) than -.5 or you will get a certain game breaking odd result which I have never seen in anything else.

Red Devil

I'm using all positive values, not negative values, and it works well.
What box???

appel

Red Devil

Sorry dude.  Been trying to get it so it doesn't drop so quickly.  Trying Mass and other settings without much success; just makes them more bouncy.  I'm adding in all the new ODF option entries now, set to defaults.  That way, I can just copy them from one ODF to the next as they're worked on.  Should have something out soon.
What box???

Raven

Whoops....heh *nervouse laugh* i thought you meant...never mind! :oops:

Red Devil

Here's an update:

DELETE old RD-Tweaks folder.  Reorganized things.

I removed all the vehicles except the ones we're working on.

Added a bunch of the new ODF entries (default entries) to make it easier for me, etc. Shouldn't affect things much.

Slowed down the Thunderbolt/Drone and made them not climb so easily (I think).

Cleaned up some duplicate entries, etc.

Gotta go to the movies now.  Let me know what needs work.

http://www.spike.http.co.il/uploads/up/A001274.zip

What box???

seanthegreat

Make a mute button so u dont have to do it in the console

squirrelof09

You don't have to do it in console..

Put it this way: it's you who's going to be muted.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Red Devil

What box???

Spawn

Why did you include just the DM-Scouts?  I could understand just scouts, but why not include the default ones?
For bounciness object elasticity should be fine as stock, and try ground elasticity at -0.5.
And for mass being at .5, mass is ~4000 in stock 1.3 and 1500 in 1.2.  If you want to adjust the masses so they are the same as 1.2 let me know, most of the busywork in that is done.

All the extra entries are relatively pointless and can only cause problems, even if they help you edit the files comment them out untill you change them so no minor mistakes are made in final ect.

Red Devil

Spawn, you better not be trying to undercut what I'm doing again.  We've got an agreed-upon process here and if you and APC's start that hoot up again, we're going to have problems.

I already posted about the units.

I already told you about negative numbers.

I was playing with the Mass settings and left it in there because I had to rush to get to the movies.
What box???

APCs r evil

:-o

How did I get involved in this already? I haven't even said anything.

Spawn

Quote from: Red Devil on March 11, 2006, 06:00:18 AM
Spawn, you better not be trying to undercut what I'm doing again.  We've got an agreed-upon process here and if you and APC's start that hoot up again, we're going to have problems.
Christ man, calm down, honestly.  If I was teting to undercut you I could easily post a link to another set of assets and confuse everyone.
QuoteI already posted about the units.
Reasonable, but strat ones are more important then dm.
QuoteI already told you about negative numbers.
And I told you that it won't crash with low values, and besides taht, it was jsut a suggestion seeing how you said you were having trouble removing the bounciness, so I told you what I have done in testing.
QuoteI was playing with the Mass settings and left it in there because I had to rush to get to the movies.
Again, reasonable, but just making sure that you don't accidentally leave something in again.