• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Preliminary Physics Tweaks Posted

Started by Red Devil, March 06, 2006, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHeart

QuoteAnd I told you that it won't crash with low values, and besides taht, it was jsut a suggestion seeing how you said you were having trouble removing the bounciness, so I told you what I have done in testing.

Change.log

"- TrackedVehicleClass::SPRING_FACTOR and TrackedVehicleClass::DAMPING_FACTOR
now have minimum values of 0.01 . Negative values caused problems
immediately. Most "don't do that, then" things will probably be left in,
as an encouragement to modders to not push things too far. [NM]
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Spawn

The ground ellasticity has been throughly tested at negative values, -0.5 is ok, going too negative (AKA -5) caused some problems, but nothing remotely like it appeared at lower values.

appel

I've tested the new scout, and here are my points:

- Forward speed seems to feel just about right now.
- Reverse speed is still a tiny bit faster than in 1.2, decrease it by like 5% I think.
- The ground still bounces back to you. If you fall straight down from some height then the scout will bounce like a ball (although no bouncing sound can be heard). In 1.2 you just land straight.
- You need to be able to control yourself while flying, *hover* if I must say, for a limited time to control your flying, such as reversing or going to the sides. I'm not talking about static hovering, but rather being able to thrust yourself in the air, rather than falling down like a rock without being able to control your descent. This is I think the most crucial part that the scout needs to be able to do.

If this ^ can be implemented then I think we have a very good scout ready to test.

APCs r evil

Quote from: appel on March 11, 2006, 02:36:12 PM

- You need to be able to control yourself while flying, *hover* if I must say, for a limited time to control your flying, such as reversing or going to the sides. I'm not talking about static hovering, but rather being able to thrust yourself in the air, rather than falling down like a rock without being able to control your descent. This is I think the most crucial part that the scout needs to be able to do.

I don't think we can do anything about that. I believe the reverse and possibly strafe keys are deactivated whenever you go high enough to hear the wind, or as I prefer to call it, that godawful sound that is annoying as hell.

Spawn

Control in the air is limited because it was how hovering was removed, this existed in 1.2, but the dropoff wasn't anywhere nearly as extreme and then allowed hovering to happen.  Could use the neg hover altitude trick, but that would fail.  Not sure if he reduced jump like the others though, but thats never been too great.

PhoeniX-FlamE

BZZERKER

'bout time you showed up you slacker. :P

PhoeniX-FlamE

ehm lets just say I had(/ve) my hands full  :-D

ScarleTomato

Quote from: APCs r evil on March 11, 2006, 03:57:41 PMthat godawful sound that is annoying as hell.
I hear ya. It's waay too loud. HyperSFX, Very Cool

General BlackDragon

whats the newest version? and i think one of ur cfg files made my 1.3 AV ...i dunno ill figure out what does it later

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

I'll post something in a few days.  BZZ told me to slow down, so I am.  Playing BF2 with the new 1.21 patch in the meantime.
What box???

seanthegreat

Quote from: Red Devil on March 14, 2006, 01:09:34 PM
I'll post something in a few days.  BZZ told me to slow down, so I am.  Playing BF2 with the new 1.21 patch in the meantime.
god never heard any one making 21 patches just for 1 patch  :-P game must be buggy

General BlackDragon

people name patches wierd things, often skipping dozens of numbers...

*****General BlackDragon*****

lucky_foot

LOL. Yep. Sometimes it confused me. (but hey, that isn't hard to do. :D )
Jonathan S.

Red Devil

It's not incremental.  Numbers are assigned according to amount of code modified.  Major changes get whole numbers increased, moderate ones increase by tenths, minor ones by hundredths.  There's been about 4-5 patches for BF2 so far.
What box???