• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does anybody using 1.3 play on multi?

Started by simon, August 21, 2006, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

Quote from: APCs r evil on August 25, 2006, 04:12:27 PM
If you didn't understand that (I don't know about you but I got bored to tears after three lines.) it's automated.

WOW, your more patient than me. I got to "I'd been collecting interesting quotes, sigs, etc..." and just skipped to the bottom. :roll:

simon

automated image? like the tech that website hosters use to promote ads on their site that they sponsor?

Thought it would be done with something like that just never knew how you did it.

sabrebattletank

I just always wondered why i couldnt copy and paste the text...

and then i guessed it was some sort of image. but after that, i lost interest really.

simon

Ok back on topic now.

I definitely have pb3 because that is the version it says I have on the bz2 login screen, so why does it always say "connection refused" when I join a game that is in white text? And why doesn't anybody chat on the #bz2 chatroom built into 1.3pb3?

Raven

Is there an (X) next to the server name? If so that means that the game is locked and not open to new joins. Find one that has no sign in a ( ) and has a spare place for a joiner, or one that you know the password to.

squirrelof09

V- diffrent version
P- Your version; passworded
X- locked
_-open; your version
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

simon

I already told you in one of my earlier posts on this topic that none of those letters were next to the games and they were not full either.

It doesn't matter now anyway because last night I joined a game using 1.3pb3 hosted by twosheds, thx twosheds.  :-D

Btw does Route 66 V2.0 work with 1.3pb3? Because when I was in twos game he said that Route 66 V2.0 was for pb2, does it work right with pb3?

I had to install g66 maps from another install download after downloading and installing this route 66 mod because there were no maps included with it, but should there be?

mrtwosheds

I dont know wether it will work properly or not, I do know that Natty is working on another version.

Commando

I don't see why G66 would be adversely affected by pb3.  It should work just fine as far as I know.

As to your question about the Connection Refused.  The hosts of those games may be running pb2.  Unfortunately PB2 and PB3 show up as the same version in the multiplayer screen so it is impossible to distinguish between the two unless the host specifies his/her version in the session name.  If you do get a connection refused while attempting to join a game, chances are it is a public beta 2 session.

OvermindDL1

Blasphamy!  Few things are better then programming, learn it and be amazed! 

GSH

My bad for not version bumping. Anyhow, I thought people whined that pb2 was so utterly unplayable on MP. Seems the problem might not have been as bad as some 1.3-haters made it out to be.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

Anyone who said pb2 was unplayable was pretty moronic I'd guess.  The only issue I thought is a double-syncing on a targeted unit, not a big issue, and it always played perfect for me.

Have not really played pb3 multi yet, waiting for G66 now.

Raven

While we are on the subject of G66, why does the AI warp so bad in that? Yesterday I killed the same misl scout 5 times the same tank 3 times and the same mortar bike...lost count..Is it because it isn't *made* for pb3 and future versions will be ok?

EDIT:

Whoops...*Goes to the g66 boards* :oops:

wug

A couple of friends and I tried MPI a couple of days ago.  It was pretty much lag free, except for the occasional resync.  Two us were on ADSL and the server was on cable.

We were playing on "Chill", if I remember correctly.  My friend must've build like a dozen gun towers, and on my old computer, my frame rate was taking quite the hit.  But otherwise, it played better than I expected. :lol:

One question to the gurus... should multiworld frequency be set to 1?  Or should it be set higher now?

Raven

I normally have it on 3 but thats because my comp likes to mess me around.