• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Does anybody using 1.3 play on multi?

Started by simon, August 21, 2006, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

I'm about to completely uninstall bz2 and reinstall it to get rid of old 1.2 mods I downloaded such as g66 v1.5 (I think it's 1.5) and install the 1.3 beta patch so I can install the latest G66 mod(Route 66 as it's now called) but I have to ask, does anybody with the 1.3 patch use multiplayer? I once before used the 1.3 patch and uninstalled it as soon as i saw nobody used multi with that version. So could you 1.3 people on here use multi once in a while so I could have some fun with 1.3 as it looks great and can't wait to try it out. I didn't use it long enough to see all the features of it before but this time if some of you use multi, then I will.

Axeminister

Oh man yes, I usually host a game of mpi with patch 1.3 pb3 almost every evening. There are usually about four or five games up, so join me and we'll give them Scions a good workout.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Raven

Well it all depends on your timezone, I'm in the UK so it's unusual for anyone to be on when I am unless its at least 9:30pm

To be honest 1.2 is used alot more than 1.3

APCs r evil

You're still hosting those G66 MPI's Axe? Still not boring you eh?  :wink:

simon

QuoteWell it all depends on your timezone, I'm in the UK so it's unusual for anyone to be on when I am unless its at least 9:30pm
Is that actual UK time raven? Or are you posting USA time assuming I am in the USA, because USA time is useless for me,
I need to know the actual UK time that people play 1.3PB2 multi.

squirrelof09

fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

simon

Good Ty for that.  :-)

Think I have a problem though.

I try to join games that are using the 1.3 patch and I cannot join them. The games were not full, not locked cos no X sign next to them, and they weren't passworded either. I'm sure these games were ok for me to join because they were in white text and that proved the games I try to join are using 1.3.

Am I missing something out here? I have the route 66 V2.0 mod, could this have stopped me from joining in 1.3?  :? :? :?

And here's another thing

When I use the 1.3 multi chat in the #bz2 chatroom nobody ever talks and whenever I go in I always see the same people that I saw from last time I went in, am I doing something wrong here as well?

OvermindDL1

You know, just do what I do and post the GMT time, or post your local time with the GMT offset (like mine is -7)

mrtwosheds

I try to join games that are using the 1.3 patch and I cannot join them.

Well there are now 3  1.3 versions, if you are not using 1.3pb3 then you will not be able to join those games.

Do not use 1.3 pb1 or pb2, they are inferior and should be EXTERMINATED!  :-D

Raven

simon

Does 1.3pb3 support the route 66 v2.0 and v2.1 mods?

QuoteProgramming is a race between programmers making bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe making bigger and better idiots so far the universe is winning.
Lol!  :lol: Very funny Overmind. Btw how do you change your signature so fast?

OvermindDL1

I'd been collecting interesting quotes, sigs, etc... over the past 6 or so years, dumped it all in a file where each is separated by 4 returns.  I eventually just stuffed that into a database (was a simple 4 line php script to do that), and made something that looked up a random line in the db, drew it to an image, and have that image as my signature.  It also has options for changing the color (rgb, so anything you want), specifying other tables to look up a signature it (with checks, so don't bother trying to inject code), auto-word wrapping that can also be set by a param, a debug mode that shows the generation time (I think it is "debug_on" or something like that, would have to look again), auto resizes the graphic based on the text to display, and a few other things, all in less then 50 lines of short php code.  Took me all of ten minutes to write, most of that was learning php's graphic module.

So, needless to say, every time your browser fetches the graphic again, it is different.  Oh, it also sets the headers returned, telling the browser *never* to cache it, so it should get a new one each time on almost every browser.

The defaults (no params specified) is a green color, debug off, wrap-around at 80 chars, pull from non-existant db (which causes a message telling you that you are trying to hijack and such, I also change my db's name on occasion and change my sigs to make sure no one hijacks it, not that it is hard, I have my logging app save all logs to that file in a different file, and I check on occasion to make sure it comes from places I know I put it on, I should just automate, would be another small script, could even embed it into the generator itself so it would be smarter).

EDIT:  I do have another hundred or so quotes to add to it again, need to do that soon.

APCs r evil

If you didn't understand that (I don't know about you but I got bored to tears after three lines.) it's automated.

Ungodly

That's programming, brotha!  I never could get date's talking about data structures and business rules.