• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bad ship cost more.. uhh?

Started by Giho, September 10, 2006, 04:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giho

When I went to the unit adjust screen and set weapons to none, then the ship cost more. is it suppose to be so? They should be almost for free or?

Spawn

Changing the weapons from the default makes the price greater, even if you change them to none.

squirrelof09

Any time you customize your units, they will cost more.

Edit: spawn beat me...
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

Since this is here, I don't know if its still relevant to 1.3 as I haven't tried, but mod an empty scout and the price goes from 20 to 60...

Bz2 doesn't *know* what you mod it with, in the ODFs, there are two costs, normal and "custom" the custom takes effect when you change anything, no matter what it is it will goto that price.

lucky_foot

Modding the Empty scout has always changed the 65 when I have worked with it. :) Something they may have forgotten to change and got stuck in the standard game build.

Or it could be keeping people from making cheap chain gun armed scouts for something like 35 litres of Scrap. :)
Jonathan S.

APCs r evil

I think there was something about this in the private forums a while back. I think it was decided that it shouldn't be changed, so people couldn't quickly and easily make modified Empty Scouts of either race. Not sure why changing the modified cost to 40 was considered a bad idea, but whatever, I guess. People have lived with it for years without much  complaint. Besides, it's easily modified through ODFs. It's also easy enough just to have the armory pop out a weapon for the scout.

Spawn

It hasn't been an issue of complaint because you could modify the ships as they build in 1.2 and 1.1.

wug

LOL... that's why I made a rec. variant with empty scout (with chaingun) for 20 scrap, +10 scrap modified, and empty Sabre for 30 scrap (SP-Stab, minus mortar).

The heck with "balance" issues... let the players sort it out by dogfighting.  Besides, there's the timer in strat to prevent chain scout rushes, right? :-D

Raven

I wasn't complaining :) Just wondering :)

lucky_foot

Didn't think you were complaining. I had wondered the samething myself. :) In my mod I've left it alone after considering changing it. :)
Jonathan S.