• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Line of Fire

Started by Marksman, September 22, 2006, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marksman

I've seen this a few times now, since PB3. (I don't recall seeing it earlier than that).

I will be dogfighting an enemy hover ship, trying to circle around it to fire at it from the side. The idea being if it is not pointed at me it can't shoot me.
Several times now, I've had enemy ships shoot me while I'm off to the side. I've actually seen a sentry in front of me, pointed about 45 degrees off to my left, and the green beams coming out of the side of the ship at me. They are not going toward the direction of the ship.

I'm not sure if this is a graphics issue where the ship is really angled differently than the graphic representation. Or if there is something in the targeting that is allowing it to shoot other than straight ahead.

Any ideas? Any confirmation?

Raven

More than likely frame lag, it could be your CPU, RAM or graphic card capabilities. This happens to me all the time, just my fault for having about 50 processes going :)

The worst is when a unit warps behind you, kicks your ass and as you spin round it warps again to the side somewhere...

squirrelof09

Nope, not frame lag, i've seen that too, I think it has something to do with the sync of the game.(?)
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Raven

It was bad wording, sorry.
Yes, I basically meant your picture was out of sync to the actual positions of units.

APCs r evil

That was reported during the beta process, I think it was addressed, but apparently not fixed. I think it was introduced by some smoothing code. Can't remember for sure.

Raven

It was jsut a gameprefs entry, it sorted it out but apparently not fully.