• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How do I do it?

Started by Vukodlak, October 22, 2006, 10:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vukodlak

In the BZII main directory, there are several mods and patches and stuff. The installation says
It is recommended that you install this patch to a directory with no other mods, patches etc.
How do I do that? I can't just delete all the mods and patches and stuff... It would waste a lot of work, and also, it'd be very difficult to separate the mod files from normal... blach.
I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and installing, downloading patches and yet it says can't install 1.3???

squirrelof09

Install 1.3 on a clean install of bz2.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Vukodlak

Yes, how do I "clean" my install?

squirrelof09

make a new installization of bz2 and install 1.3 on it.

Raven

*Sigh* you have to be more precise than taht sq, if I didn't know what I was doing that wouldn't help me either.

Ok, insert your bz2CD
CLOSE the autrun and explore the CD from My Computor.
Go into the folder called Seetup
Run the program called setup, the one that looks like a small computor NOT the earth and the mouse one.

Once this is running, do the usual stuff but where it asks you for installation path and start folder, change it to something like "Battlezone II 1.3."

You can do this as many times as you like, you just have to change the installation path. I for one have 6 installs :P

You can get away with just copying the folder over and deleting all ths custo mstuff, but its way too much hassle.

BTW, MODS don't need new installs, it is just a formality and just a way of avoiding the possibility of any duped assets, patches don't *need* them, they usually work ok but it is better to have clean installs as there is a 0.0000001% chance of something going wrong and you can also play different ones without having to install them again.

Hope this helps,
    ~Raven

squirrelof09

I said what you said in 11 words.

Just for your infomation, he was asking how to get the game to work, not how to make more than one install of bz2

Edit: 12 installs :P. I dont use my CD to make new instalizations.

Raven

Well basically he said he wanted a clean install to get the patch to work. So yeah, he was pretty much asking how to get a clean installation.

And you didn't expain it at all.
"make a new installization* of bz2 and install 1.3 on it."
Not everyone knows how make a new installation*, anyone that doesn't know to go into the cd will try from the splash screen, and fail, so you need to explain it to people, that's all. Chill man. :lol:

Copying folders works if you copied a fresh one, I do that too, but if you don't have a clean one and need a clean on, the CD is the only way to go :) I keep a clean one backed up as my CD is getting steadily worse, if something happened to my installs eventually it WILL stop working and won't install :lol:

12 installs? FOR WHAT?! I thought 6 was bad :P

* And you moaned at me for getitng proper wrong :P