• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Patch question

Started by Maltesefalcon, November 18, 2006, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maltesefalcon

Is the latest 1.3 beta patch compatable with FE cause everytime i start it am getting fatal error crashes.

Maltesefalcon

Thank you for that so to run FE i have to have patch 1.2

Spawn

OvermindDL1

Due to being able to specify directories like the save and pilot files and so forth in the bzone config file, and that you can specify the bzone config file on the command line for bz2, the mod launcher is relatively useless now and should be replaced with a simple shortcut.

Spawn

Could you configure MM5 to work with bz1?  You could also use .bat files to do basicially what febz.exe does.

Commando

I don't have access to any of the source coding for the launcher.  I have the source to most of the single player missions and for MPI.

OvermindDL1

BZ1? Wha?  I thought FE was being talked about...

Spawn

He wants to make a similar launcher for bz1 mods.

What about a .bat file DX?

Maltesefalcon

The patch you have linked how do i install it and also it doesn't make FE compatable with 1.3p3

Spawn

You just unzip it after installing FE.

sabrebattletank

To my understanding: it makes (most of) single player compatible with 1.3 pb3.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Commando on November 19, 2006, 08:14:33 PM
I don't have access to any of the source coding for the launcher.  I have the source to most of the single player missions and for MPI.

Last time i've checked, you don't need the source code to edit the FE launcher.   Just simply edit the FeBz.dat in notepad & the file gives you info on how to go about editing the file.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Commando

Here is a correction to the febzone.cfg I included in the zip above.  I had commented out fedata.pak since I was using an experimental fedata13.pak.

// The Battlezone2 Community Project
//
// Forgotten Enemies
//
// http://www.bz2cp.com

// Main config

ConfigureFileSystem()
   {
   ConfigureStream("base")
   {

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13DLLs");
   AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13");

AddPack("@rootdir\patch13.pak");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\revd");
   AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\revc");

//   AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\bznes-fe");
//   AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\bznes-shared");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FEaddon");
     //AddPack("@rootdir\FEdata13.pak");
   AddPack("@rootdir\FEdata.pak");

AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\addon");
     AddStream("texturesize");
     AddPack("@rootdir\data.pak");
     AddPack("@rootdir\bumps.pak");
     AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\data");
   }

SetActiveStream("base");

// Optional, for mods -- the ability to put pilots & savegames in
   // other directories. Commented out to simply demonstrate how to
   // do it.

SetPilotsDirectory("FEpilots");
   SetSavesDirectory("FEsaved");
}

Commando

Need a host for the file.

Reply here if you are able to host the FE updates for 1.3 and I'll gladly e-mail the files to you.  The modlog also needs a host, but that can wait since it is still being updated.

Raven

How big is it?

The reason I ask is that I'd gladly do it, it's just my upload speed is terrible and it would probably be more efficient for someone else to do it if it is large :P

If its mostly cfgs and stuff then sure, I'll do it :)