• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fe on 1.3 beta 3?

Started by doh224, January 15, 2007, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llulla

Quote from: mag on March 02, 2007, 08:09:13 PM
I played hadean against edf on canyons. they built thier base and sent out one tank two times and then stoped. they only took the pool in base. any ideal on how to correct this?

I am hapily :-D :lol: plaiyng 3-way IA wi thout a problem :wink:. I do not have an idea of what I did :? but now Im stuck defending my base Hadean from Brawlers and Hammers  :evil:

I think the cut-and-paste I explained earlier, somehow worked. I bring up the console now and then and the only errors I see are some missing of few .waw files now and then.

What do you want more from life( appart wine, women and wisdom) :lol: ?????

llulla

Forgot to say to Commando that I have ALWAYS done the .CFG changing properly so that has never been the problem. Following the right installtion procedure, as indicated by you and Red, makes available only the default BZ1.3 IA maps. Some of these work with few AIP errors, some others behave like the drecription of mag.
I believe the .CFG code as Red posted, leaves out the directories containing native FEIA maps and assets. 

Commando

Nope, feaddon is specified in Red's cfg.  What version of 1.3 are you using?  If you are using Public Beta 1, it won't work.  If you are using Public Beta 2, I'm not sure.  It should work without issues in Public Beta 3.

mag

forgot to mention that there was a lot of duplicate files I had to delete. also there is stills some console errors. I played purple rain 3-way and seams to work ok. the scions took out the edf base before I had a chance. that hasn't happened to me before but it cool. maybe it's just the variety maps that need help.

Commando

Yeah, there are plenty of duplicate files.  Most of them are in feaddon which is a folder I haven't touched.  All of my fixes went into fe13 which I did intentionally to not affect stock FE assets.

OvermindDL1

I think its okay to affect stock FE assets as your patch is required to run it on 1.3 anyway, and removing duplicates is a very good thing...

Commando

Most of the duplicates are inf files which have no impact on assets.  The only thing is I would have to copy that entire folder, remove the duplicate files, zip the new folder created then include it.  That could bump the filesize up drastically.  Unless a bat file could be written that will clean out the files.

Red Devil

Did you get that duplicate file list I sent you?  If it doesn't work for, I have a program that I can use to eliminate the dupes.
What box???

Commando

A new update.  Build 47a.

Several odfs corrected since they pointed to nonexistant sounds.  A few unit tweaks and some assets on the map Biometal Meltdown fixed.

http://files.filefront.com//;7524900;;/

Red Devil

I made a new version of the DLL based on PB3 and tested it in PB3, then I replaced the one in the zip with it and uploaded it.  The link a couple posts back has it.
What box???

Warfreak

Sorry to bring this topic a month up to speed but I want to load FE on 1.3pb3 and I'm confused.

Is there a special installer you need to load the BASE fe stuff onto 1.3 or do you use the 1.2 installer still???

I ask this because I have the 1.2 installer saved to my harddrive and will delete it if it is not needed.

again sorry and thnx for tolerating my stupidity. :-(

Commando

I used the FE Full installer because it doesn't check what version you have.  I think the FE part 1 installer will check to see if you have version 1.2 and will refuse to install if you don't.  I could be confusing that instaler with that from another mod though.

Warfreak

Ok good, me saving the installer wasn't a stupid Idea. Tnx Commando. I'll be enjoying FE in all its glory............in 1.3. :-D

Marksman

Ok,
Chaz and I ran our first 1.3 FE MPI tonight. We had each run it alone, but this was the first multiworld for us.
We played FE-chill as Hadean vs Scion.
The map and races came up all right.
1. the game was very stable, no re-syncs at all.
2. Scion never built a factory. All we ever saw from them was scavs and scouts.
3. Our own units kept blowing up for no reason.  :x It seemed to be age related. they would time out after being in existence for a while (maybe five minutes). Then they would just blow up. If I was in one at the time, I would eject and fly away. (Maybe this was a design of some kind to eliminate overbuild of third race, just misplaced. Or if not maybe it could be?)
4. Third race came in kind of late. Chaz claims he turned them off in the settings. They came in strong with MB, RT and Hammers. The MB pounded us to death eventually as we could not keep our units up due to #3.

We are very excited about this update. We like FE a lot but have usually had problems on 1.2.  I'll try to keep you posted on what we find as we go along.

Thanks a lot for this work guys.

Red Devil

Oh crap.  Sorry, I left lifespan in there.  :oops:  I'll upload a set without it in there.

"Where's your drill sergeant?"
"BLLLOOOWN UP, SIR!"
What box???