• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sugestion about music (however unlikely)

Started by Nielk1, January 25, 2007, 03:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Can the ogg code be made to run ogg files listed in the mission files where CD track number would normaly be listed.  If this could be done, any mod or even map could have its own special music.

I hope GSH at least looks at this, despite how unlikely changes are at this time.

Then again, for all I know this has already been implemented :roll:.

I doubt it thout as it is such a minor level thing that *could* be a headach :|

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

This is a very good suggestion, given that OGG is an open-source format. Probably difficult to implement though.

By the way, what is that on your avatar? It looks like an AWACS.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Tempest Storm

According to Ken Miller taking out the 'CD Player' that BZ2 uses and implementing another music player would be alot more complicated than it seems, although I belive this was stated before OGG voribis was added to the BZ2 engine. So maybe if Nathan is up to the task I'd love to see some actual music in BZ2 without having my CD in all the time, of custom tracks for MODs would be really sick as well.

Raven

Nielk1

It was an AWACS.

I can't seem to keep myself on one mod idea, I jump all over.  That was the last one before the wiki :roll:

I sometimes can't spell either: :cry:

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Could always add music playing capabilities to the dll... :P
Yea, had to bring it up again, but that is the only way I can do anything with the engine. :)

GSH

Why bother? You've got the console command "game.playsound X". And the ability to trigger any arbitrary console command in DLLs.

Remember: we give you a bunch of building blocks, like a box of unassembled legos. You can do a lot with what we've given you. Don't make me do all the thinking.

-- GSH

Nielk1

[game]
Cmd playsound

Wish I had checked for this before!

What exactly does this do?
[game]
Cmd repeataudio

And can these be accesed in game, or is it shell only?
[shell]
Cmd backgroundSound
Cmd stopSound

What is under [audio]?

And finaly, what area of volume will the file being played reference?
effects?
music?
voice?
shelleffects?
or is it something else?

If it uses a volume other than music, would it be possable to add a "Cmd playmusic" that references the music volume and if the music is turned on before playing?  I suggest this because it seems like an easier way to make a music player that follows the game's audio settings.  Then again, I don't have access to the source code, so I don't know.

Click on the image...

Commando

game.repeat audio does nothing.  In bz1, it could be used to repeat the last voiceover, not unit voiceovers, the actual ingame single player voiceovers.

It was used to relisten to the mission objective in case you didn't hear it the first time.  That was a useful feature in bz1 that didn't make it to bz2.