• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A nostalgic idea (formaly known as A nastalgic idea, if i could spell...)

Started by Nielk1, March 09, 2007, 05:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

I know it's a bit taboo to make sugestions. :roll:

Can an extra key binding of 50% throttle be added.
I know that bz2 has varring throttle levels through an analog control (joystick).
I was hoping the q key (or mabey any other or a default of unset) could move the throttle at some percentage that is reasonable.

This is in no way required, but it seems it could be easy and I think it would make a nice little additon to Av's BZC.

I guess I am addressing this to GSH.  I hope you take it into consideration. :-D

Click on the image...

Nielk1

I haven't seen the code, but I would assume that linking weapons would require isolating the weapon management code, setting it as the default, and allowing it to be overridden by an alternate setup is noted by a boolean in an ODF.  While this would be great, it is probably so difficult, it would be harder than when I tried to add birds to the Marine Biology Case Study Program for AP Computer Science. :roll:

Is it possable to already bind a control for 50% throttle or would it require manipulation the the code as stated in my first post?
Oh, I want to mess with this source code, but I would probably break it.

If I ever do get ahold of the BZ2 source code, I think I would end up compleatly replacing it, just from what I've heard about its condition.  I sounds like a fun project, and I wonder what I would have to do to get this code.  If I get a job at Pandemic, do I get to see the code or is it restricted to those who worked on it?

Wow, I went off topic, on topic, off topic again! :|

Click on the image...

Quote from: Dx on March 09, 2007, 08:16:38 PM
A key binding of 50% throttle be added for BZC? If we had a choice, i would rather be able to link weapons. (but we don't have a choice)

ahemCODEELFahem

Strange things happen when Code Elvesâ,,¢ are around...  'course things break a lot, too, but strange things do happen...  :)

Never give up, never surrender...

-Av-

Code Elvesâ,,¢ go wither and yon as they will...

Now, how did that go?

If, late at night, you leave your door unlocked and computer running, every now and then a Code Elf will come in and fix your code.  While this is often beneficial, you should always remember that Code Elves sometimes have a different notion of "fix" than you do.  As your project hurtles towards its release date, when nights grow long and tempers short, you should not leave yourself logged in, lest you find an unexpected new "feature" when you arrive the next morning.

:)

-Av-

Nielk1

I leave my computer on at night, and that's happened...

I've also aparently done my homework in my sleep, or maby the Elves have homework friends?

It might even be possable to add an extra parameter to a hover craft odf where if it is 0 or it is not set at all the key is ignored.  Or mabey I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

damn...

I hate coding, and it almost never works for me...but yet the Code Elfs seem to never want to come my way... T_T

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

DutchBoy

technoid

Quote from: DutchBoy on March 28, 2007, 02:29:09 AM
set out better cookies by your pc  :-D

Long time no see, DB.  LoL, I haven't posted here in almost a year and you come back.   We talking about browser cookies?   :-)

DutchBoy

hehe no, maybe some oatmeal chocolate chip, mmmm.

heya liz :)

just kinda came back trolling the boards a few days ago, played a few games and yeah i suck at the game now hehe AI keeps kicking my butt.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

sabrebattletank

Nielk1

I could have spellc checked, but I was in a hurry when I first posted and forgot about the spelling... :roll:

Click on the image...

Commando

A 50% throttle key would be cool, but I too would rather see weapon linking enabled.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****