• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My 1.3 Strat Experience

Started by Zero Angel, June 04, 2007, 10:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Interesting tricks! I'll be sure to try a few of these if I strat again in 1.3. As far as sending in APC's you need to have a working targeting system to be able to do that, after all if you can send in APC's you can certainly send the bomber in. The AI scout method doesnt work, since scouts only paint the closest thing. This includes scavengers. On that game my enemy was sending out a lot of scavengers so scout targeting was totally ineffective.

A mortar which deploys a short-range motiondetector would be a nice counter to the scion jammer, but its probably too radical to actually be added. When 1.3 goes final, some of us die-hard 1.2 players will be working on a recycler mod to further balance the game, perhaps I can add it in then.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

wug

As far as I can remember, Commando made a 1.2 rec. variant to try to make 1.3 more playable for vets.

I also made a rec. variant to try to address the problem by boosting empty scouts to have greater speed and health (to compensate for a lack of flying), and added empty sabre/warrior that could survive long enough to knock out jammers and the like.

Oh well, it was worth a try. :wink:

Red Devil

Know how an AI Archer will land *right in front of your defenses* when told to attack and then get blown up before they even hit the ground?  Well, call me a masochist, but I altered mine to have a 550m range and now they work very well, like the Howies.  Introduces a nice sense of panic.  :-o

Also made some custom ones that have a modified Popper to counter the Bomber.  The Bomber still gets his load off, but he gets his feathers singed (and sometimes dead).

I know, I know, talking about Strat, but having an Archer that delivers from a safe distance - with range - and some air defense makes a heckuva difference.
What box???

Spawn

You can't kill a few scavs?  MDM really works wonders on them :wink:

It seems to me that you weren't able to have total control of the field, and this is where your problems stemmed from.  If you had a more competent teammate, or if it was a 1v1 then maybe, but jammers are designed as a weak unit to give the scions some automated defense against the bomber.  Archers don't work that well with popper after it was nerfed in 1.2, so scions had nothing while isdf has hornet rocket tanks, and those work very well against everything air.

Next time you're gonna play send me a message in the chat, I might be able to join you.
That actually goes for everyone really :-P

Zero Angel

Quote from: Spawn on August 20, 2007, 11:33:41 AM
You can't kill a few scavs?  MDM really works wonders on them :wink:

It seems to me that you weren't able to have total control of the field, and this is where your problems stemmed from.  If you had a more competent teammate, or if it was a 1v1 then maybe, but jammers are designed as a weak unit to give the scions some automated defense against the bomber.  Archers don't work that well with popper after it was nerfed in 1.2, so scions had nothing while isdf has hornet rocket tanks, and those work very well against everything air.

Next time you're gonna play send me a message in the chat, I might be able to join you.
That actually goes for everyone really :-P
Listen here ignoramus. I have been playing real strats for years, and i'm aware of the basic tactics of killing things. Have you thought that simply killing his scavs would not occur to me?

When the enemy is scav pumping on an upgrade, and you are facing him 1v1 or 2v2, you really dont have the time to spend manually killing all his scavengers while also trying to kill his base. Especially given that he can produce faster than you can MDM them. On a 3v3, 4v4 certainly killing scavs is a trival task, but when your trying to dedicate all your efforts to cracking a base using ineffective mortar/bombing tactics and trying not to get killed by a blink/arc warrior, you have better things to do then kill the enemy scavs as fast as he produces them.

Additionally, you are going to have a hard time killing scavengers which are within the enemy's defensive radius. The thing is if an enemy scav is even 30m outside of the enemys furthest base building they still get painted by your scout, and at that range the bomber is totally ineffective. Got it? Multiply that by 5 or 6, add in the complexity of running back to base for ammo. And you clearly have a picture of what its like to play a real human vs human strat.

I will not even address your other points, which are completely flawed.

And add me to MSN, I would certainly like to have a game with you.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Spawn

It was a joke man :P

Anyway, a group of trucks in the field is often much faster than the bay, both in healing rate and how you don't need to run back to base.  A few rocket tanks and chain rats to defend them.  Possibly avengers too in 1.3.  If you could try sending the scout in on a suicide mission, and see if it paints something then.

Don't think I am a 1.3 noob either, I was born on 1.2 and spend time there, though FE is my favorite, almost nobody who plays ZST has it.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Quote from: Spawn on August 20, 2007, 02:03:08 PM
It was a joke man :P

I know. I was only pointing out what I would say if I *was* a jerk. But i'm not.

I'm nice.   :-P (Nice at being mean hehe)
{bac}Zero Angel

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

OvermindDL1

And your text is the same color as the background, don't do that.

*GEL*Avenger

very well thought out za, i am very impressed (not cause it is a good answer on a simple problem, but) because the point of view taken at a positive thinking (even writen in an agitated tone :) )...that can make a big difference in cmding skillz...

Quotefew rocket tanks and chain rats to defend them
i'd have to saw u have disappointed me spawn, if you have enough scrap to get suffience equipement, you should no waste time worring about defending every bit such as service trucks, this is a negative thinking...worring about what bad might happen...if you oppenent will waste scrap and time going after them while your killing his base, the let him...your mdm's will tear apart what little d they have while he is hitting your loose scrap producers (service trucks)...I purposely leave upgrades and trucks alone as distractions, when i take this *scrap loss*, he will take a devistating blow to his base, just make sure the loose doesn't get to goto him...This mind set i talk about is a basic skill, that makes the difference between a vet cmder and a elite cmder...loss is nothing if they take a bigger loss, it is like chess...what looks good might not be good...

Spawn

*GEL*Avenger

no way spawn, in almost 8 years of gameplay i don't know how to cmd...  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

btw: i made this account forever ago...i need to find out how to change my name to *GEL*Avenger

Spawn

Thats surprising, not knowing how to command after eight years :P

Anyway, the rocket tanks and rats are more your mobile attack force, though rats are more for just annoyance.  Rocket tanks are there because they will stop a mauler and blinkers, but I do go insane on defense quite often.  One time I had three walkers standing on the recycler, with the rest of the unit limit going to rocket tanks and blast ass tanks.

Red Devil

I never figured you for the defense type.
What box???