• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Blurry Images

Started by Nielk1, July 02, 2007, 09:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

I never noticed until I started to play multiplayer more!
All the DXTs are blurry!  I have tried almost everything!
The noDXT tag isnt working and the only way to fix it is to take all the pic versions and use the make DXT program to render tham all at 1 mipmaps and put them in the addon folder.

When I set ingame mipmaps to 1 it is very pixilated, all other values are identicly blurry.

HELP?

DirectX: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Device: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Driver: ati2dvag.dll v6.14.0010.6571

Need anything else?

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Clean your glasses and screen?  :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself there.  I wonder if DXT's are dependant upon the machine you are using to make them?
What box???

Nielk1

more info:

I got the /nodxt tag working, but it still is not as clear as 1.2 or a 1 mipmap dxt.

Click on the image...

GSH

In your battlezone.log file, there should be a line mentioning max texture size, e.g.:

DIAG|GLOBAL          |                 vid:2495 |18:31:49|1875   |d3d: max texture size 4096x4096

What does yours report? Also, tried the vid.render.mipbias variable? (line 258 of the changelog)

-- GSH

Nielk1

d3d: max texture size 2048x2048
hmm, smaller than yours... lol
What does that mean? I don't think any texture I have is larger than that?

I will try that other command shortly, I found it in the changelog.
I can change that mid game right?
To test?
All values between, but not including, -2 and 2?

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

set the textures size to large... i dont know why but it changed it for me...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Raven

No graphics card I've ever had works with the DXT textures. Not too fussed as its fine with /nodxt. Though it would be nice to put the work that went into it to use.

ATI Radeon X800XT/X700
nVidia Geforce 4 MX 4000
And some wierd cheap one, not suprising though for £15 :P

GSH

The GeForce 4MX shouldn't work w/ DXT textures, because it's just a GeForce2MX. The X800 ought to. My laptop has a X600 in it, and looks good.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Seeing as this topic got dug back up, the texture size thing works butifly (at least in the private).  I haven't touched any other version of BZ2 since I got in the beta, aside from beta testing CR for LF.

I tried what GSH said, but forgot if it worked, and it doesnt matter now that the Texture Size option works perfectly.
I think GSH said the texture size packs are outdated now that the mi[p mapping stuff is done via those options. I also notice that his various fixed to the use of those textures in the egine (some c++ insanity) it works great!.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yus! score :D

yeh see i thought they were sposed to be set to small to make them more detailed.. wrong flippin way around i reckon...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Raven

the Geforce4 is a disgusting card anyway, had huge trouble with it so I'm not suprised it epicly failed with DXT textures. Though I am quite suprised that this one can't do it either. The options for DXT textures are all there it just doesn't like it in bz2.

Nielk1

I decided to pop open pb3 and try the mip bia and their still blurry.

Just know it's fine in the private betas so pb4, or final, whatever is next, works great graphicly.

Click on the image...