• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I need help, I can not connect with games online. ports fwded, and open.

Started by vk3ukf, August 29, 2007, 09:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vk3ukf

Hi BZers, whatever is going on here is positively evil, it is so disappointing.
Another computer is the internet access machine, an ethernet cable connects this machine to the other. I have opened ports 113, 17770-17772 and forwarded them to this machine, but I don't know if I have done it correctly. I can connect to the chat, and enter comments, none of which have ever had a reply, the halls seem to be empty, although the server shows games going on etc. When I attempt to connect and join a game with say 3 out of 4 players. it usually timed out, sometimes it just says access refused??????

The games I have tried to connect with are the normal standard ones that come with the CD.
I am running the 1.3 patch.
Internet is broadband, 256mb.

All I want at this stage is to make contact and play a game online.
FOR 2 YEARS THIS IS ALL THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED.

How come I can get to the chat page, but never connect to a game.

Yes, this has driven me nuts, that's why I'm here.

Any help would be appreciated from those that have been through the grinder.

I didn't find any specific help regards this here.

:-(

Che'vin (Almost my real name)

GSH

You almost certainly have a local firewall program or two (e.g. ZoneAlarm, or the one built in to Windows XP Service Pack 2) that is blocking packets. There's too many possible programs to list instructions for all of them, so you're going to need to sit down and learn the program(s) installed on your computer, and see if they have bzone.exe blocked. Change that.

-- GSH

lucky_foot

Yep, Listen to GSH, he should know. he was one of the programmers who wrote BZ2. :D
Jonathan S.