• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Multiplayer Resolution?

Started by Ronnies07, September 09, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnies07

In  multiplayer games my resolution is automatically reverted to 640x480, is their any way to set it to something higher?

OvermindDL1

I've never had that issue.  Does it do it if you host a multi game with no joiners?

Commando

Before going into multi, quickly launch an instant action game.  Once in the instant action game, change your resolution.  Once the change takes effect, exit instant then go to multi.

I haven't had to do the above in a long time, but I had to follow the above steps in the past.

OvermindDL1

Angstromicus

I have a hunch that it's BZII's wacky configuration settings.

Used to BZII could never remember how many sound channels I had open or, in a few cases, my key config.

Since BZII's shell is 640 x 480, it probably defaults to that because it doesn't remember your resolution.

Ronnies07

Quote from: Commando on September 10, 2007, 04:24:34 AM
Before going into multi, quickly launch an instant action game.  Once in the instant action game, change your resolution.  Once the change takes effect, exit instant then go to multi.

I haven't had to do the above in a long time, but I had to follow the above steps in the past.

The problem is, the options are all selected, but do nothing. I end up with 640x480, all settings minimum and a 3d cockpit.

General BlackDragon

when u change it in game, does it physically change, and just doesnt save it the next time you start up game, or does it just not change at all?

*****General BlackDragon*****

squirrelof09

Not sure if i'm right, but, are you on an admin account? restricted account on vista? anything that could restrict write to the battlezone folder?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Red Devil

I had that same problem a few months ago that you have Ronnie, but I was using XP.  I think I wound up reinstalling.
What box???