• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

a request if you will...

Started by TheJamsh, October 19, 2007, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

having recently browising through the boards i notice a topic that ALWAYS comes up without a doubt
sheilds...
particularly those of the base protective kind...
i had an idea if those of you working on 1.3pb4 (or 1.4 final watever it becoems called) would hear me out...
i am aware that CollisionRadius in the ODF name sets the deploy radius of a sheild (such as stasis/deflection/absorbtion)
how about adding a new command there, for example sheildDeployRadius = 200 (or similar) that the sheild used as its width to deploy?

hell you could go wild... experiment with shapes and the like even lol! (or a sheild drop off location so that it is spawed elsewhere from the building/unit creating it????)

of course we can use the magnet class.. but it doesnt show effects when its hit... things just bounce or get pushed away...

just an idea...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

That would be GSH's call (unless Ken thinks he wants to take a shot at it, but I don't know how much difficulty that would be in the code.)

Jonathan S.

GSH

There's already a feature request in for this, which I've mostly shot down. Shields are rendered and take effect only after a unit is already hit. So, it's not a simple task at all.

-- GSH

Nielk1

A magnetic field is the only real way to go.
You can team filter (Own side, enemy, ally, all,) the effects in 1.3, just not sure which version.

Click on the image...

Commando

For Magnetic weapons, they should support teamFiltering as of PB3.  Not sure about PB2.

Steeveeo

A similar request (since I've made a "shield" of sorts using a flaremine, info on that in my other thread):

How about adding a TeamFilter = <bits> to all ordnance classes and/or explosions (and not just magnet mine).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

I know they can be added to guided missles, but they still hurt when they hit you,

I gues you want some sort of TeamDamageFilter?

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

well either that or what about adding ordnance/object hit effects to magnet mines??

atm its just gay! things bounce off

Spawn

TheJamsh

yeh of course... but itd be nice to see some sort of effect when something hits it like a ripple or something