• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 looks like crap.........

Started by Saberdude, January 11, 2008, 05:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saberdude

I just gotn 1.3 pb3. WHen i First started it the text looked blotty and garbled, and the mouse wasnt showing.  Also in game the ship and weapons textures dont show at all....Is there any way to fix this?

SkyNET

Try running BZ2 with the /nodxt command.

GSH

What videocard do you have, Saberdude?

-- GSH

Saberdude

Have no clue what that command is or how to put it in....and my (wimpy) vid card is a little 4 meg integrated. Intel 82815 integrated graphics controller.

Nielk1

If you use mod manager 5, just type it in teh command line section or add it to the list of command line options.

If you don't, modify your shortcut as follows (your directory might be different):
Target: "C:\Program Files\Battlezone II\bzone.exe" /nodxt

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Saberdude on January 11, 2008, 10:31:09 PM
my (wimpy) vid card is a little 4 meg integrated.
Um...4 megs? I believe that belongs in a museum, not your case! :lol:

Go to Newegg.com and pick up a cheap AGP graphics card, you can get one thats about 32 times better (128mb) for about 20-40 dollars (with the cheaper models, however, you get what you pay for, so be wary)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Zero Angel

I believe BZ2's requirements state that you need a T&L capable 16MB+ graphics card to run BZ2. Intel graphics are generally pretty cheesy, the only onboard video that works well in BZ2 are the intel GMA integrated graphics on the newer motherboards as well as the nForce boards -- anything lower end is not recommended for BZ2.

There are plenty of good $50 budget cards out there like the GeForce 6200, and ATI 2400PRO, both come with 128MB of memory and plenty of gaming juice considering the price. You can get $30 and even $20 cards, but I recommend you pick up one of the two I listed.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Saberdude

I cant uprade the vid card....its INTEGRATED thers no slot to put a new one in....trust me i would have had a new one by now :P

Red Devil

So, it's not 1.3 that looks like crap - it's your computer.
What box???

OvermindDL1

And you can still upgrade it, you will just turn off the integrated one, and put one in a pci/agp slot.

Angstromicus

What kind of board do you have? Most importantly: how many slots do you have and what occupies them. There may be a modem card or some other card you never use that's occupying a slot. I don't know of anything that uses AGP other than a vid card. AGP will be "indented" in respect to PCI slots.

OvermindDL1

If you can give us the exact model number then we can look it up and give you better information on what you can do.

Commando

If you have either an AGP slot or a PCIE (PCI Express) slot, you should be able to install a better card.  Even if you have one in use, you can remove the current card to stick in a new one.  If you are using integrated video, chances are you either don't have a slot or you have one and it is not in use.

OvermindDL1

There are still good cards for PCI as well, and they are more then what is needed for BZ2.

GSH

Newegg lists a whole bunch of PCI graphics cards, see here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048+1069609642&name=PCI . Among the Radeon cards, the 92xx series is the lowest I'd recommend, and they start at only $40: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161010 . Avoid the GeForce MX series (same bugs as make things look ugly for you); the cheapest nVidia card I'd consider on that list is the 6200 at $50 with a $10 mailin: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289 .

If you've got a desktop box, there's pretty much no physical reason why you can't get a video card that performs decently in BZ2. A free PCI slot is pretty easy to come by. $40 is a new game, or a few trips to McDonalds.

-- GSH