• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Installing Battlezone 2 on windows 2k pro (modified please view again)

Started by darkwarrior, February 02, 2008, 12:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

Guess what, I finally got it working. You guys dont know how long I have been trying to get this to work, it's been probably a year. I must give a lot of credit to Zero Angel who replied to this, his idea was brilliant, then all I had to do was get the 1.2 patch, use the stockoverflow fix and the no cd and then there was no problems. It runs so smoothly better than any other computer I have installed it on. If I met you in real life I would give you 20 bucks.

If anyone ever needs help installing bz2 on windows 2000 pro ( pro is different than regualr windows 2k) then please pm me I wil gladly assist you.

Zero Angel

I had no problems when I installed on to Win2k SP2 a few years ago, maybe one of the newer SP's broke the installer's compatability like it did on Windows XP.

People who ran Windows XP needed to run the installer in compatability mode.

Another thing you could try if that doesnt work is to take an existing BZ2 install, zip it up, burn the zip file to a disk, then unzip onto your Win2k Computer. (dont just burn the entire folder to disk and copy back to hard drive -- as things copied directly from a CDROM are set to read-only permissions)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Zero Angel

No, I wont do it onto my webspace. The size of the entire BZ2 install is just too big, and my own BZ2 install is over a gig huge.

I'm guessing you don't have a CD burner, but if you have another computer on the network, you can transfer the files over by using a shared folder, it would be much preferable to FTP.

Another thing you can try is to download the All-in-one BZ2 torrent ( --removed by author-- ). Since you already have BZ2, this should be legal to do for you.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

darkwarrior

Don't worry I successfully did what you said and I got battlezone to start, but when I click a map I get errors I am putting the errors in the main post.

GSH

Don't link to pirated materials. Plenty of people other than the thread originators read these threads.

-- GSH