• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is it possible to cheat in multiplayer?

Started by darkwarrior, February 02, 2008, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Most people like to find a comfort zone and, once they find one, like to stay there because, well, they feel comfortable.

The vets that play 1.2 have found their comfort zone and I, for one, don't have the right to tell them how or what to play any more than I have the right for them to tell me to play 1.2.  Personal freedom and all that.  I may not agree with them using exploits or whatever, but I also have the choice not to participate.

Wz has the personal freedom to host or not host this site.  Especially if he is paying for it out of his own pocket.  We all owe Wz a debt of endless gratitude for hosting BZ2 for these many years.

One of the main purposes of 1.3 is to fix the hovering exploit, so to add it back in there defeats the porpoise.  You'd just have hovering and ghosting, etc, exploits back in 1.3 and that would discourage growth in the BZ2 community.

The fast Scouts I made were mainly a stress test for warping and a proof that 1.3 physics weren't stuck in the released PB3 state, but are completely adjustable.  They don't - can't - hover.

Av, do you always have to be so negative?

"-Av, waxing philosophical before coffee-"

What box???

First of all, you should know by now that the porpoise hates to be defeated.  He's going to find you, it's what he does...

:lol:

Agree completely about the wiz, he's a freaking saint that boyo is...

:)

What negative?  Those are my stripes... they just look like minus signs...  someday I'll get a promotion and then it'll be:

=Av=

:lol:

Red Devil

What box???

Spawn

This is only what, 2 weeks old? :P

Decided to come back now that I have a bit more free time.  Just finished reading this thread too.  Everything I could have to say has already been said before, with one exception.

@Sonic (and everyone): You say, more or less, if you don't like the physics stay in 1.2.  The problem is, everyone did just that.  Most 1.2ers don't even care about 1.3 anymore, they would have quit this game long ago if they were so put off with all the problems.  The few who care are here and we want the best of both worlds.  When we try to help we are only shouted down.  You can call flying whatever you want, but every time someone comes into 1.3's built in IRC and asks how to play online with my only answer being make a second install.  That's the few times where I am actually there, mostly I'm just reading the backlog after I get home.  If I could play 1.3, if there were people available to play a strat, I would.  I have, but it's stupid.  They have no idea to play and I get bored.

That's it really, if I have something wrong please point it out.

Oh, one other thing, if there are so many "private" 1.3 games, would anyone care to invite me?  I can be quite civil and do enjoy walker fleets.  Please?

Zero Angel

I will kindly ask you not to resurrect this argument -- for the sake of all of our sanity.

You're right about the private 1.3 games. Most of the servers I see in 1.3pb3 are locked down or password protected (i'm not talking about the private beta games here -- which are marked version 1.3a). Generally vets who are at least open-minded to 1.3 can be trusted not to bring attitude into the game. Its the noobs who are problematic (and i mean this in all sincerity -- from experience not ignorance), since many of them quit and rejoin for ships, keep MSN open and then get tabbed out -- flatlining all the rest of the clients before lagging out, charge into defended bases then spam about needing ships, never listen/use scavs/attack pools, and many of the other things that they don't yet understand interrupts the flow of the game.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Spawn

With a good enough commander you can still win with two of the thugs killing each other with gun towers.  That was a fun game :D