• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is it possible to cheat in multiplayer?

Started by darkwarrior, February 02, 2008, 06:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

I always wondered ever since this game came out, is it possible, to use the game.cheat bz codes in multi?

If so could you please explain.

And is there a way you can chat in bz2 via mic, without getting ventrilo.

Nielk1

To chat in MP you must either type or use 3rd party software.

There is something called MP editing, that only works PRE 1.3, BUT, it is HIGHLY FROWNED APON and a tightly kept secret.
Cheating in multiplayer is a huge breach of gaming ethics, so, don't!

Now, I know how to MP edit, and when I do it (rarely) I mark the game all over as "EDITED". That is how I squeak by the whole "gaming thics" thing.

No, none of us will tell you.

Click on the image...

darkwarrior

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 02, 2008, 07:12:16 PM
To chat in MP you must either type or use 3rd party software.

There is something called MP editing, that only works PRE 1.3, BUT, it is HIGHLY FROWNED APON and a tightly kept secret.
Cheating in multiplayer is a huge breach of gaming ethics, so, don't!

Now, I know how to MP edit, and when I do it (rarely) I mark the game all over as "EDITED". That is how I squeak by the whole "gaming thics" thing.

No, none of us will tell you.

Thats pefectly fine I just always wondered if there was a way

Zero Angel

If there is, its not commonplace. Sometimes people throw around accusations of aimbots and ODF editing, but they are usually facing an elite player who has earned those skills.

The two known cheats involve editing a map in multiplayer (does not work if everyone starts at the same time) as well as the commander putting any weapon on any ship that they make. These are usually both obvious and easy to spot, and will never (as far as 'reasonably never' goes) happen in a vet game. In version 1.3, none of the known cheats will work.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

There is one I forgot. You can sneek onto the AI team in MPI, but at the cost of many resyncs.

What is this about commanders placing any weapon on any ship?

ODF editing was realy a BZ1 thing I think.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

What box???

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

thats it!!

(puts RDs name on 15th page of hitlist)  :evil:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

Oh and there's also the ability to crash a game. (Pre 1.3). Not a cheat, but still it's like an uber kamikaze kill everything thing that ruins the game in the process and causes an AV.

Red Devil

Well, cheat in a fun kind of way.  I added some code to the FE MP DLL that rapidly teleports them all over the map like a pinball. Bing...Bing...BingBingBingBing...
What box???

anomaly

Quote from: Red Devil on February 03, 2008, 11:06:53 AM
Well, cheat in a fun kind of way.  I added some code to the FE MP DLL that rapidly teleports them all over the map like a pinball. Bing...Bing...BingBingBingBing...

You mean that happens if a player tries to cheat?

Red Devil

Yes, they... Nah, just kidding.   :-)  Very do-able though.  But there are safeguards installed to prevent it.
What box???

FoxBlade

Hey you forgot the double-triple or more bomber cheat  (I dont know if its been fixed in 1.3)

Hovering is considered an 'abuse', or at least it was 4 years ago when I played.

ODF editing is really easy... you just have to know what you can edit. I once played a game with TS and he had a whole bunch of ODFs edited, and there were no resynchs or problems.

And in 1.2, you can equip ANY weapon on ANY ship with hardpoints. Trust me, when you see a scout with dual ARCs then you say "something is wrong here".

Dont get me started on hovering scouts with the 'bomber' weapon. That's just mean.

Zero Angel

All known cheats have been fixed in 1.3.

I've never seen the thing with scouts equipping a bomber weapon. AFAIK you can put a weapon on a ship, but to dispense an object (bomb) you need to create a dispenser class weapon ODF to do that. I imagine you could do so locally then use the 'equip any weapon on any ship' cheat to have the dispenser equipped. Problem would be that the weapon would only work for the person using the cheat because only they would have the newly created ODF.

QuoteHovering is considered an 'abuse', or at least it was 4 years ago when I played.
Not so anymore, the ZST maps use level 3 AI turrets which are considerably more difficult to hover kill, and hovering has become rather accepted among the 1.2 ZST stratting community (instead of before where there was quite a division of pro/anti hover advocates). In stock 1.2 maps it was different since turrets were so clueless that as long as you were moving (even very slowly) in the air they couldnt hit you.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression