• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Working with AIs in Battlezone 2 map making

Started by darkwarrior, February 03, 2008, 09:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

Hi guys, it's me again, darkwarrior.

I need some help greating strategy maps. I need to know how to do the follow with Ai teams: (computer teams)

-how to make a AI plan, so I can get them to build
-how to make AI teams ( allowing 2 computer races to team up, or to get a computer race, to team up with a player, if this even is possible)
-how to get AIs to attack

If you know a tutorial for this stuff please give me the link, help would be greatly appreciated

Red Devil

What box???

darkwarrior

I dont even know the location of the ones that exist

Zero Angel

Use your noggin! Do a search for *.aip, or look in the patch13.pak file for aip files, once you find them you can edit with notepad or any other text editor.

AIPs are fairly straightforward and not very hard to learn intuitively.

Once you got the AIP files you want, copy it into your addon folder and start doing some tweaking. Of course it will give you bad assets when you want to play with other people so just move the AIP files out of addon when you're done tweaking with them.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

darkwarrior

Quote from: Zero Angel on February 03, 2008, 02:55:51 PM
Use your noggin! Do a search for *.aip, or look in the patch13.pak file for aip files, once you find them you can edit with notepad or any other text editor.

AIPs are fairly straightforward and not very hard to learn intuitively.

Once you got the AIP files you want, copy it into your addon folder and start doing some tweaking. Of course it will give you bad assets when you want to play with other people so just move the AIP files out of addon when you're done tweaking with them.

Jeese man I havent used this software in like 6 years, anyways I can still do this stuff without path 1.3, because I'd rather keep 1.2, ya lol I didnt know the extension for AIs

darkwarrior

I get a list of aips that say isdf and scion, if I tamper with these for my new maps does it affect the normal instnat maps, this is located in the addon folder

GSH

1.3 has a lot more features, especially for modders, making it easier to achieve what you want to do.

-- GSH

mrtwosheds

Quotebecause I'd rather keep 1.2
You are likely to get confused with all the info and advice around here, much of it applies to 1.3 and will not work with 1.2

bigbadbogie

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT GO UP TO 1.3???

thats like you keeping your rusty old ford when a V10 ferrari is given to you for free
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 04, 2008, 11:20:17 PM
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT GO UP TO 1.3???

thats like you keeping your rusty old ford when a V10 ferrari is given to you for free

1. Thats a bit of an extreme reference...
2. 1.2 is considered a "Veteran Version" because all the original "tactics" (ie hovering and other exploits) are still there and readily available.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

um... yeah im fairly sure that hovering tanks were removed from the 1.3 patches  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com