• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ib(unitname)f.odf -- is this naming convention taken?

Started by Zero Angel, February 03, 2008, 07:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Hey all, I am working on some modding stuff (1.3 drop in mod/rec variant) and need to know if the "f" suffix is taken or will mesh well with my stuff.

For example, using custom recys, can I go with ODF names like:

ibrecyf.odf
ibcbunf.odf
ivconsf.odf
etc..

Anyone have mods or rec addons that this will conflict with?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Lets see:
1.3:
ivrecy_lw
ivrecy_m
ivrecy_mb
ivrecy_mu
ivrecy_mu1
ivrecy_nf
ivrecy_u
ivrecy_u1
ivrecy_w
ivrecy10
ivrecy11
ivrecy12
ivrecy13x
ivrecy4
ivrecycm1
ivrecycm2
ivrecycmd
ivrecycmd1
ivrecycpu
ivrecygh
ivrecyghb
ivrecyin
ivrecyins
ivrecyold
ivrecyonb
ivrecysst
ivrecystb
ivrecytb
ivrecyttn

Obviously some of these are from single player missions (the numbered ones).

Now, Steeveeo's Rec is
ivrecy_st
ivfrecy

I don't think "_st" is a good choice, but that is what he used.

I use "n1" for my tap heavy rec varient and "scrappy" for my scrap driller rec which I hope to finish. I might have on offshoot of my "n1" be "_bomb" and only include the bomber factory and anti-bomber . ODF names can be longer in 1.3 so you can use words.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

you dont want to end an odf name that will be used in mp with a number. This caused some wierdness with some of my things, because the game assigns teamnumbers after things. so, if you have a "blablabla2.odf" then team two will get a "blablabla2.odf", even if they were SUPPOSED to get a "blablabla1.odf"

and i'd just name your things **blablabla_zeroa.odf or something that no one would accidently use, without putting numbers on end.

also note, i had to make steeveeo change his turret name because *vturr_st is used by stock DLLs.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

@GBD: You didnt make me, you just warned me about the bad assets.

Anyway, I will change the mod suffix upon release of pb4 (when we begin work on the "SRV for 1.3pb4" version)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

I CAN use numbers, but I have to thin about it.

You cannot have a number varient if you have a verient without the number. SO, if I use "n1" then "n" cannot be used. Also, the tmp odfs mine will make will be "n11" , "n12" , "n13" etc

Click on the image...

Commando

I don't know about that.  I remember Lizard's fleshstorm mod had some issues for a short period due to one odf being named pvcoms2.odf.  Team 2 got this variant which was free which was a very unfair advantage in ffa.

Sonic

I've been using ivrecymm? for my Recycler Variants.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

GSH

PB4 will make it much easier to not step on another mod's toes.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Quote from: Commando on February 04, 2008, 06:28:59 PM
I don't know about that.  I remember Lizard's fleshstorm mod had some issues for a short period due to one odf being named pvcoms2.odf.  Team 2 got this variant which was free which was a very unfair advantage in ffa.

If so he was trying to build pvcoms.odf

In my case, because the number is in what I want to call in the first place, there is no issue!
I would be calling ivconsn1.odf, and thus the problem odfs would be ivconsn11, ivconsm12, etc.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

speaking of problemed odfs from fleshstorm - pbsbay!!!

it was the pluto building with the bottom entrance to the tunnel!!!

now all those phaer-rhan service bays show up in the first bz2 missions!!!!!!!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Lol... bonus! 

Seriously, in 1.3 you place your entire mod inside it's own folder, NOT IN ADDON.  Start the game with a custom config file and all of your assets are safe and sound, seperated from all other assets including the stock ones.  Nothing in your mod should be under Addon at all...

I thought Lizard did this for Fleshstorm, are you sure you didn't install the FS patch to the wrong place?  All Fleshstorm files should end up under FSADDON...

-Av-

OvermindDL1

Or just make it easy overall and put it in its own .pak file.

GSH

Some things need to be outside of the .pak file, such as the .bzn files for any IA/MP maps, and the new .autoreg files. If you don't have either of those, then a .pak is probably best. If you do, a .pak plus an AddDirRecurse with just a few files is pretty easy.

-- GSH

Red Devil

Thanks to GSH's prodding, it sure made FE simple.  :-)  Took awhile, but it was well worth it.

// The Battlezone2 Community Project
//
// Forgotten Enemies
//
// http://www.bzscrap.com

// Main config

ConfigureFileSystem()
{
ConfigureStream("base")
{
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\FE13addon");  <-- Map and autoreg files  (69mb)
    AddPack("@rootdir\FE13.pak");            <-- Everything else          (256mb)

// AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\addon");         <-- Commented out this line from the main cfg file so stock maps don't show up.
AddPack("@rootdir\patch13.pak");
AddPack("@rootdir\data.pak");
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\data");
}

SetActiveStream("base");

// Optional, for mods -- the ability to put pilots & savegames in
// other directories. Commented out to simply demonstrate how to
// do it.

SetPilotsDirectory("FEpilots");     <-- Have to copy your pilot files into this folder before running, otherwise you get an AV.
SetSavesDirectory("FEsaved");         Maybe I'll just supply a default one.   :-)
}
What box???