• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My fonts when playing in a battlezone 2 map are blurry

Started by darkwarrior, February 04, 2008, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

My fonts are blurry when playing in battlezone 2 maps. Does anyone know how to fix these blurry fonts. My resolution is already the lowest, but there still blurry, I can only read caps.

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

darkwarrior

For some reason it looks less blury in this picture. When I took the snapshot it was blurrier, it is very difficult to determine what people are saying ingame

Commando

Are you using anti aliasing? That is a typical cause of blurry fonts in bz2.

Zero Angel

Oh right, i've had that happen to me before when I forced AA on my videocard's settings manager. Its best to use the auto setting if you want clear text.

(reason i asked for screenshot is because theres another problem that relates to half-texel correction and the text looks blurry in a different way)
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

That was possibility #2 which I have never encountered so I have no idea what that looks like.  The screenshot resembles my text when I enable anti-aliasing.

bigbadbogie

it is probably a graphics card problem - if it showed up normal on the screenshot it was probably vibrating very quickly on the screen giving it the blurry look
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

What box???

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

darkwarrior

Quote from: Zero Angel on February 04, 2008, 06:57:35 PM
Oh right, i've had that happen to me before when I forced AA on my videocard's settings manager. Its best to use the auto setting if you want clear text.

(reason i asked for screenshot is because theres another problem that relates to half-texel correction and the text looks blurry in a different way)

How do I turn off anti aliasing for my video card.

Zero Angel

Depends on your card. Lots of cards (at least ATI and Nvidia) come with their own management utilities. ATI uses the Catalyst Control centre and NVIDIA has their own. You can find these either somewhere in the Start Menu or in the Control Panel.

If you dont have a special control panel for your videocard, then AA probably isnt the setting that is causing the problem.
{bac}Zero Angel

General BlackDragon

*cough cough*

Quote from: GSHWhat I would recommend is turning off antialiasing for all fonts in Windows -- right click on your desktop, select properties, go to Appearance -> Effects..., and uncheck the
Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts

That's a global setting that's used by all apps, including font converters. When you're done, try restoring that setting to what it was before.

thats what he once told me when i had a font blurry problem. maybe it'll work for you :)

*****General BlackDragon*****