• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DM Minimod project

Started by SkyNET, February 08, 2008, 05:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyNET

Anyone want to work on a minimod with me? I was thinking of making a DM mod where each team member would submit one or two unique ships designed for DM play. I could work on ODFs. If anyone wants to submit a map thats fine too.

Basically, anyone who wants to submits their own ship model. Walkers, hovertanks, scouts, assault tanks, aircraft, anything, as long as it's unique. I make the ODFs, we pack it all together and release, like a mini community project or something.

Anyone in? Or should I forget about this?

Nielk1

I would love too.
I will make a ship.

If you get enough differnt types, u can make the DM map have a custom CFG that allows for toggling MPVlists.

So, All walkers, all hovercraft, all fast, all slow, all high flying, etc

I wanted to make something called ODD DM but I never realy got the DLL made. It was set up with a comm vehicle that the DLL would palce a miniRec under when it deployed to make it like a RTS Commander, a scav that turned scrap into local ammo for its weapons, and other strange things.

If you get DLL support, I KNOW, avatar would submit his Flying Mauler!

Click on the image...

Warfreak

I can provide one or two............ might have to be a walker, animation and all  :-D

VSMIT

I'll do one of these too.  Sounds like it would be a gas.  Mine would probably be a scout/tank.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Depending on how it goes, we might be able to do one ship per section. I sugest we all do 5 ships and then submit them EXPECTING one to be chosen.

Click on the image...

SkyNET

Sounds good. If someone wants to do a DLL that would be good, but I was thinking standard fare and DMvehicles would suffice :P. Still, flying maulers sounds fun.

Remember, try to give your vehicle unique qualities, so it will stand out and get used for them.

Nielk1

so, what prefix will these have?
I think FE used both "FE:DM:" and "CP:DM:" and "CP:"

"DM:MM:"
"DMmm:"
"DM:"
"CPDM:"
?

Click on the image...

SkyNET

MMDM i suppose, for minimod DM.

Can't really think of a unique name, but it isnt nessecary.

Nielk1

if you wanna be cute and stress the 'mini' we can use "mmDM:"

Click on the image...

VSMIT

How should we go about the textures on the ships we make?  Will they be basically the same, should they have the username of the person who created the ship, or should they just be whatever?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Ah yes, the naming convention!

I sugest all ships are IV or FV.

We can use ivmm* and fvmm*.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

i have a whole bunch of old ships that i made years ago -

maybe one called 'the blue bogie'
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

I could mention the Idea to one of my masters, they might ask the Emperor, and just maybe, if they find it strategically advantageous,
I may be able to get you a slightly modified Dalek scout, or a scav or something.... :wink:

SkyNET

Quote from: VSMIT on February 09, 2008, 12:47:48 AM
How should we go about the textures on the ships we make?  Will they be basically the same, should they have the username of the person who created the ship, or should they just be whatever?

VSMIT.

Textures can be whatever you want. Also, filenames can be whatever, but keep them small.

IVMM* sounds like an ok prefix.

Just to butt in here a bit... 

It'd be interesting to see some DM variations created.  For instance in BZ1 we had 'stomp', which had sniper towers ringing a plateau that had an empty Golem on it.  The idea was to take over the Golem and step on the pilots that were trying to plasma it to death, but it ended up being used as a sniper arena, also...  fun map.

Anyway, it'd be cool to see some creative, off-beat ideas for DM's to help perk up that side of the game.

-Av-