• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

KnQ: My plan for a new DM mode

Started by Nielk1, February 09, 2008, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

King n' Queen

Some of us have played games where king of the hill is actually a game of 1 flag "ctf and hold it".
I plan to make 2 of these 'flags', the King and Queen, where both the owners of the crowns are allied, and all others are the enemy. This will be my learning project for making DLLs, so be prepared for questions.

Planned Features
Two crown shaped 'flags'
Crown owners are automatically allied (dissolved when crown is lost)
Rate of point increase depends on the proximity of the King and Queen

Possable Features
Special Weapons spawned in the 'thrown room' for King and Queen, or other perks.

Issues to Deal With
Flags are dropper off when they touch the flag of the carrier's team.
Teams allowed are 0 -15
A player can grab more than one flag, but only drop off the most recent. Dropping off is not an issue, but the king must not be able to get the queens flag aswell.

Questions
To ensure the crowns aren't dropped off, what teams can I use? 14 and 15 I think.
What teams can be used for object no player should have on their team (or on 0)?

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

VSMIT

Terrain castles as part of a map?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Prelimiary crown. Texture name was just lucky, I didn't make my texture or map it right yet.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

um -- a bit obvious dont you think  :-D nice
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Um, that's the point, isn't it?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 09, 2008, 11:36:39 PM
Prelimiary crown. Texture name was just lucky, I didn't make my texture or map it right yet.

lol at attila with a giant funny paper crown. The only thing that would make that worse is if it was a mcdonalds crown :lol:

VSMIT

McDonalds crown?  I thought that was BK?

Seniors at my school get BK crowns.  Should have painted it orange and put the ISDF logo on it...

VSMIT.

Steeveeo

McD's has little birthday crowns over here for some unknown reason. But still lol @ the ridiculousness!

VSMIT

Well you people are just weird.

I just noticed this...

Why is the crown on the Sabre higher than the crown on the Attila?

Even if it was based off the height of the HP_COM, wouldn't the Attila have a higher crown?

VSMIT.

Steeveeo

its not, the Sabre's center is back more than the Attila (I think)

VSMIT

Ah, that would explain it rather nicely.

VSMIT.

Nielk1

I might have found my DLL compilation issue.

EDIT:
I did.
Now I might have made the rabbit mode work with 2 rabbits! It even randomly changes a rabbit if one kills another.

EDIT2: (try to ignore the gravity issue)

I got it so I think the 2 players that are rabbits are allied and if a bot is a rabit the player who is also one allies with side 15 (bot rabbit side). The code to clear alliances is called on ejection and in the beginning of the code for setting them. The code for setting them is launched whever a rabbit is assigned. I am, however, having an issue where the other rabbit does not change colors/allianced untill it is killed and another takes its place.

Is it a common issue that ships already on a side will keep their allegance settings but new craft on that side will have the new ones? How do I tell that specific ship (I can get the handle) that it should be friendly now like it's side is telling it to be? Or is it that my DLL is NOT chaing the side untill the rabit switches to another?

Click on the image...

Nielk1

The Rabit DLL disconnectes Warfreak when he tests with me, which I suspect is from the bot overspawn when 1 starts as a rabbit. I will test it with 3 humans when I have the chance.

The KnQ DLL might use none of the rabbit code since 90% of it is redundancies to ensure there is a rabbit, which is useless to this game mode.

Click on the image...