• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AIP stage-points

Started by Red Spot, February 22, 2008, 07:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Spot

Just a thought (as in I think I can manage to put it in game using the source-code myself, but it may be interesting enough for ....)

Have been playing with AIP's and want to set them up to work based on different .. er .. player-conditions (like the siege and assault-plans already sort of do) but this would only realy come to its right when the AI knows a bit beter where it can stage attacks ..

like;
When the siege-plan triggers you pretty much know the AI is being pressed and most likelly fighting for its existance, so why send them out to a stagepoint 1/2-way across the map? If we can use stagepoints say like sstage1, sstage2, ... to indicate siege-plan stage-points we can make the AI a bit more .. er .. interactive and give the impression the adapt not just their unit-building (AIP's) but also how they are being send out and where they can come from ...

Personally I'd use this to make more variations to AIP's and try to get the AI to behave slightly more stategic in their attacks (like not sending an attack of medium units through the frontdoor ...)

As I started out with, its a thought, something I hope GSH and others coders may give some thought, just to get the concept under the public and see what may come of it ..  :-)

G
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Red Devil

*yawning foggily* I asked in PB4 for the ability to specify the stage points used a few months back, but I can't recall if it was added or rejected yet (no coffee yet).

Also, there are now 32 possible stage points to use in 1.3 now.  Also, DefendArea is useful in siege plans.
What box???

Red Spot

Thanks for the info Red Devil ..

I know about defendarea and adapted it from Wug's (insane)AIP's, though what I'm more or less after is the ability to stear the AI in certain directions, AIP's can be triggered from the AIP's themselves so by say checking if an outpost exists you could send a cons. out to rebuild it and have the stage-points be around that area to cover the cons. without actually assigning protection to it, than when the outpost is rebuild by triggering an other AIP you can again have the stage-points behind the safety of the outposts GT's .. etc etc ..

What I hope to do, eventually, still finishing up the concept of my mod, is make an AIP-set based like stage-points themselves so you can have "aip_ii_a" "aip_ii_b" ... up to "....._z"(something reasonable..) and than use stage-points like "a_stage1" "a_stage2" (putting back the max. to say 6 stage-points/AIP)

G
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Red Devil

I searched and couldn't find where I had talked about it/asked for it, so I added it to the bug tracker (again?).
What box???

TheJamsh

is there just a hyooooog list of stage points somewhere?

everylittle helps

im sure nielk1 has plenty on the wiki about it, i jsut cant be bothered to look see

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Stage points are named stage1...stage4 in 1.2.

stage5...stage32 are now available to use since PB1.
What box???